Handcent instead of stock SMS/MMS

digital-g

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey all! Did a search on this topic and coming up short. Just downloaded/installed Handcent and now receiving 2 notifications of received messages. Went into stock settings and unchecked all notifications for receiving, but still getting notifications in status bar and on main screen icon. Anyway to get phone to treat Handcent as default SMS/MMS client versus stock?

Sent from my ReZound using TaT2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! Did a search on this topic and coming up short. Just downloaded/installed Handcent and now receiving 2 notifications of received messages. Went into stock settings and unchecked all notifications for receiving, but still getting notifications in status bar and on main screen icon. Anyway to get phone to treat Handcent as default SMS/MMS client versus stock?

Sent from my ReZound using TaT2

The settings are all in the stock app. Can you post a screenshot(s) showing what you have and haven't done/undone?

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Open handcent...hit menu....settings....it will bring up application settings. Click on that and it brings up and option to use handcent as default and totally disable the stock app.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Handcent has a ton of add-ons as well, if you have not done so already, there are a lot of them to down load. Its a great app. Also, the above was what I was going to post as well.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc