~-=Official Android Central Rezound Off Topic Thread=-~

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it :) IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is superior to other forums by far.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it :) IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is far superior to other forums by far.
I like it a lot, the appearance is nicer than most other forums... I am sure I do not use it to anywhere near it's full potential though, time to clicking around and see what I can figure out. :cool:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think of the new Android Central look? Its going to take a bit for me to get used to but I like it :) IMHO the way Android Central looks and feels is far superior to other forums by far.

I like it a lot, the appearance is nicer than most other forums... I am sure I do not use it to anywhere near it's full potential though, time to clicking around and see what I can figure out. :cool:

Looks good so far. I think what I like the most is that AC keeps working on improving their forums.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
You guys read this one yet?

Apple Patent Would Disable Smartphones by Location [VIDEO] - Yahoo! News

Ugh, I can't stand the thought of anyone being able to shut down my mobile phone. I'm a responsible adult who is capable of operating my phone - or choosing NOT to operate my phone - as needed. Allowing a manufacturer or location operator to shut down my phone on my behalf ... O hell no. lol.

How hard would it be for someone to abuse or accidentally mess up this proposed Apple Smartphone Disabling System? I can already see something catastrophic happening and this being banned forever.
I never cared for Apple or any Apple products in the first place but now I REALLY DON'T LIKE THEM to say the least. Making Samsung pay $1Billion just means that people lose jobs and we the consumers may end up paying for it by having to pay more for Samsung products in the future. And now they are targeting other companies as well?.....If you ask me that's the last thing the world needs right now.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
How hard would it be for someone to abuse or accidentally mess up this proposed Apple Smartphone Disabling System? I can already see something catastrophic happening and this being banned forever.
I never cared for Apple or any Apple products in the first place but now I REALLY DON'T LIKE THEM to say the least. Making Samsung pay $1Billion just means that people lose jobs and we the consumers may end up paying for it by having to pay more for Samsung products in the future. And now they are targeting other companies as well?.....If you ask me that's the last thing the world needs right now.

The main reason behind it is they they know they are loosing market share to android and other systems. Iphones are a stagnant product with no chance of improving once they are released. Android can be developed and expanded on due to the large Dev community, apple just cant match that, at last count, and this was some time ago, there were 69 versions of Android available on the market, that means more choices for the customer rather then a one and done model. The posted numbers clearly show it, so now they are trying to force it with these lawsuits, I fully expect a load of appeals before this is done.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I was terrified when I logged in. Then, much like after the first time, I became used to it, and then began to like it.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The main reason behind it is they they know they are loosing market share to android and other systems. Iphones are a stagnant product with no chance of improving once they are released. Android can be developed and expanded on due to the large Dev community, apple just cant match that, at last count, and this was some time ago, there were 69 versions of Android available on the market, that means more choices for the customer rather then a one and done model. The posted numbers clearly show it, so now they are trying to force it with these lawsuits, I fully expect a load of appeals before this is done.

I don't think most Apple users care about variety, dev support or updates. I've asked the few Apple elitists I know what OS they are running ... they always respond with a blank stare.

I'm not saying they're bad. That's just them ... could not care less about any technical details.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
On a different note, how often do you get the "stuttering voice" issue when you make or receive a call in your area? It seems to happen in my area about one out of every 6-10 calls... just have to hang-up and call back or wait for the person to call back because all you hear is blips of their voice through silence, second call usually works all the time. I know it is not my phone, every phone I have had over the last 2 years does this (enV Touch, Inc2, Samsung Stratosphere, and Rezound). Also seems to occur more often when it is a cell to cell call, and I have had it occur in Bismarck and Minot, ND. Anyone else have this happen once in a while?

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Once in a blue moon - well ... every other third blue moon. I think it happens to me because cell coverage at my house is much weaker than the rest of the city. Happened on my DInc and Blackberry, too.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
On a different note, how often do you get the "stuttering voice" issue when you make or receive a call in your area? It seems to happen in my area about one out of every 6-10 calls... just have to hang-up and call back or wait for the person to call back because all you hear is blips of their voice through silence, second call usually works all the time. I know it is not my phone, every phone I have had over the last 2 years does this (enV Touch, Inc2, Samsung Stratosphere, and Rezound). Also seems to occur more often when it is a cell to cell call, and I have had it occur in Bismarck and Minot, ND. Anyone else have this happen once in a while?

I only seem to have something similar to that happen when I talk to my folks who refuse to change out their wireless landline phone system. Gotta love it when they call me and suddenly the line drops. Nope it's not me, because about 5 min later I get a call back with the message: "sorry son, the battery on the one phone died so I had to grab the one from room xyz" Only for it to happen again 10 min later.

/rant

sorry

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... I have tried to isolate this (I am a VoIP/Telecom technician with 20 years experience) and can only deduce it is a Verizon Network issue, several times a month I get or make a call and when the call is answered, one party usually seems to hear fine, the other party only hears a tiny blip of audio about every 1.5-2 seconds from the very start of the call until disconnect. I drove my son crazy for a about an hour tonight calling him a good 50+ times to make this occur, he is on Verizon in Minot, and I am in Bismarck, and both of us have impeccable voice and 4G signal (I can see the tower a 1/3 mile away from my kitchen window, he is on the 11th floor of an apartment building and is 2 blocks and eye-level with a VZW antenna array) and about every 5 to 10 calls, a bad one with the exact same symptoms. Very odd, everyone around here knows what I am talking about, but no one says they have every called VZW about the issue, saying stuff like "Cellular voice calls suck, that is just he way it is and always has been, they are not supposed to good quality or reliable" (do people really believe that?) and it has been going on for two years since I moved here. When I lived in Rochester, MN, it happened like a dozen times over a 4 year period that I can think of.

Guess I was just trying to get a feel for others if this is a wide-spread issue, or just a more localized one... anyone else have any input?

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... I have tried to isolate this (I am a VoIP/Telecom technician with 20 years experience) and can only deduce it is a Verizon Network issue, several times a month I get or make a call and when the call is answered, one party usually seems to hear fine, the other party only hears a tiny blip of audio about every 1.5-2 seconds from the very start of the call until disconnect. I drove my son crazy for a about an hour tonight calling him a good 50+ times to make this occur, he is on Verizon in Minot, and I am in Bismarck, and both of us have impeccable voice and 4G signal (I can see the tower a 1/3 mile away from my kitchen window, he is on the 11th floor of an apartment building and is 2 blocks and eye-level with a VZW antenna array) and about every 5 to 10 calls, a bad one with the exact same symptoms. Very odd, everyone around here knows what I am talking about, but no one says they have every called VZW about the issue, saying stuff like "Cellular voice calls suck, that is just he way it is and always has been, they are not supposed to good quality or reliable" (do people really believe that?) and it has been going on for two years since I moved here. When I lived in Rochester, MN, it happened like a dozen times over a 4 year period that I can think of.

Guess I was just trying to get a feel for others if this is a wide-spread issue, or just a more localized one... anyone else have any input?

I personally have never heard of or experienced anything like the problem you're describing. I do live in CA so I'm not sure if it's because of location or what but that issue sounds very annoying. I remember 8-10 years ago when cell phone quality was considered to be terrible and unreliable and now most of the time it is very reliable and its common for the person on the other line to not even notice you are using a cell phone since the call quality has improved.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Son of a buck ... once again, HTC is going with non-removable batteries. I think fans of HTC phones are screwed. The trend at HTC really does seem to be to copy Apple's WORST feature: non-removable batteries.

HTC Win8X:
HTC Windows Phone 8X preview | Ubergizmo

That would definitely be a deal breaker with me. I always get the largest capacity batteries I can get. I used to hate having to worry about my battery dying on me every day.
There are too many cons for me to not have a removable battery :-\

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling this will get to be more and more prevalent... it makes business sense, it limits the life of the device for the average user since most people are not going to open a sealed phone to replace the battery, meaning people have to get new phones more often, thus buy more from the manufacturer (hopefully). It also decreases manufacturing costs, a removable back has to be engineered and use higher quality materials to withstand repeated removal/installation procedures, connectors have to be installed instead of hard wired batteries thus increasing costs, I know these things only cost a few dollars per device, but after markup they could be worth $10 in profit times 200,000 devices is $2M more in pure profit, plus most users will need to get a new phone sooner.

I don't like that this is becoming the norm, but like most "disposable" electronics, this is the route it is going to... consider the Diamond Rio PMP300 (arguably the first real MP3 player) it used a single AA battery in 2000, but when is the last time you saw an MP3 player/PMP with a removable battery anymore? And lets face it, cell phones are considered disposable, 2 years get a new one is what every manufacturer wants, except Apple, they want you do throw out the old and get a new one every time a new one comes out. :)

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Son of a buck ... once again, HTC is going with non-removable batteries. I think fans of HTC phones are screwed. The trend at HTC really does seem to be to copy Apple's WORST feature: non-removable batteries.

HTC Win8X:
HTC Windows Phone 8X preview | Ubergizmo

Maybe everyone should be a fan of the hardware or software rather than a brand. I used to be a severe Sony geek. Lately(and by lately I mean the last 10 years), Sony has stopped making cutting edge devices with tons of features and has been making crap that barely works(with the exception of their TV's...still top notch as far as I'm concerned). And in those 10 years I've branched out and bought devices from other manufacturers that stack up better than the Sony offerings. In the end it's all about what you want and suits you better but in this day and age brand loyalty seems to only bring severe disappointment.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc