How do you feel about your refurb Rezound ....

allenpaul1975

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to ask if anyone with a refurb Rezound has anything to say about the experience they have had with it good or bad , also if you do not have a refurb are you against owning.one ?

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had three refurbished rebounds, first one stopped recognizing my memory card, second lasted two days with me due to overheating, third one is the one I got now, it's a winner so far

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Had my current one for two months (first replacement), had no issues whatsoever... it was truly in "like new" condition when I got it.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I have had a bad past with Verizon / Asurion and their CLN "refurbs" they have. I originally had the Thunderbolt from launch day until January when I cracked the display. I contacted Asurion and got a replacement, once the replacement arrived it could never find a data signal and the touchscreen was whack, it had phantom touches and even after 4 factory resets it still had the problem, I contacted Asurion again under warranty this time, they proceeded to send out another device but every device they sent had the problem so after about 4 Thunderbolts they decided it was time for something else so they sent the Rezound as NEW in box. I loved it for about 4-6 months until the ICS update when it would restart every time I used GPS (not just in Google Maps) and it couldn't find a data signal and when it did it was only 3G. This time Asurion assured me that since it wasn't a new device they weren't at fault and they transferred me to a Verizon Rep. I was on the phone for forever with them, ended up doing over 4 factory resets, 2 boots into safe mode and a new Sim card but still nothing changed. So they sent out another CLN "refurb" and this one was even worse than the original, it couldn't even find that 3G signal and it did random reboots and I couldn't ever find out what was the cause of them. This time I contacted Verizon support directly and I was furious, I wasn't rude to the Rep but I got my point across that this was at least my 5th HTC device (Lost count of exactly how many phones) within 6 months and this is simply not right! This time they sent out the Razr, I loved the Rezound and it's camera and beats enhancements but I would rather give up those fancy features for a phone that actually works as a phone and gets a good data signal! I guess I got lucky tho considering I got 2 free upgrades out of it!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Rezound to a Razr... a definite downgrade, not an upgrade, but if you are happy with it, awesome! That is the most important thing.

It is true that the quality of some of the CLNR "refurbished" units can be questionable, even downright terrible... I have seen people go through 3, 4, and sometimes even 5 units before getting a good one, but in probably 80% of the cases the first one is just fine, you just never hear that story because people rarely post about the good stuff, just the bad stuff that happens.

I am an IT/VoIP/Telephony technician and support several dozen smartphones, all on Verizon, and we have certainly had our fair share of failed units and gotten replacements from Verizon... 4 out of 5 are near perfect, but that 5th one can frustrate you so much you just wanna throw the device through the phone and have it magically hit the rep on the other end in the head because nothing seems to work right.

So to sum it up, it is a crap shoot, but your odds are way better than Vegas!

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Rezound to a Razr... a definite downgrade, not an upgrade, but if you are happy with it, awesome! That is the most important thing.

It is true that the quality of some of the CLNR "refurbished" units can be questionable, even downright terrible... I have seen people go through 3, 4, and sometimes even 5 units before getting a good one, but in probably 80% of the cases the first one is just fine, you just never hear that story because people rarely post about the good stuff, just the bad stuff that happens.

I am an IT/VoIP/Telephony technician and support several dozen smartphones, all on Verizon, and we have certainly had our fair share of failed units and gotten replacements from Verizon... 4 out of 5 are near perfect, but that 5th one can frustrate you so much you just wanna throw the device through the phone and have it magically hit the rep on the other end in the head because nothing seems to work right.

So to sum it up, it is a crap shoot, but your odds are way better than Vegas!

I like the Razr and like I said, the Rezound just wasn't working for me and the Razr is just about perfect! I especially love using FoxFi!
I love your analogy thingy, I wish I could of jumped through the line and just hit the Verizon rep on the back of the head when he told me to keep doing factory resets! I was like if it doesn't work the first or second time it ISNT GONNA WORK! But no...I had to do 4 resets! The one thing that just really makes me mad about the refurbs is if you have a BRAND new device that just has a small problem they will still send you a refurb, like I just paid a lot of money for a brand new device and you're gonna send me some crap phone thats been used by xxxx amount of people!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the Razr and like I said, the Rezound just wasn't working for me and the Razr is just about perfect! I especially love using FoxFi!
I love your analogy thingy, I wish I could of jumped through the line and just hit the Verizon rep on the back of the head when he told me to keep doing factory resets! I was like if it doesn't work the first or second time it ISNT GONNA WORK! But no...I had to do 4 resets! The one thing that just really makes me mad about the refurbs is if you have a BRAND new device that just has a small problem they will still send you a refurb, like I just paid a lot of money for a brand new device and you're gonna send me some crap phone thats been used by xxxx amount of people!

I have always found the replacement situation as one that doesn't really work for anyone lol. For the customer to be truly happy we would want a brand new device to replace the brand new one we purchased. This however is very costly for Verizon and would not work for them so they use refurbished units. This however ends being a headache because unless they spend enough money to replace or fix whatever is wrong with that unit then it will always be flipped around costing shipping and time which costs them money either way. This is also a cruddy situation for those who keep their phones in great condition and get one that is "used" looking. I do not mind the phones that people return in the 14 days due to a preference or wanting another model. Those were never messed up but the ones that are usually really are lol. What bothers me is when they send one that is clearly a piece of crap and is messed up in some way before you can even finish the initial setup. I am almost certain the refurb I just got of the rezound is brand new because it is perfect but maybe I was lucky and for the first time in 10 years I got a like new refurb lol!

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
the one I just got is ok, the charging port is a little wobbly, im afraid to send it back in and get one that is worse. After updating to the global ruu it is running much better as well.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second and it has been great. The first one was an alternative option to my bionic that I had which was a disaster from day one. So all in all I love this one and is probably the best i have had since signing on with verizon.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have refurb but if I can't afford new than I would buy it if it can last with minimal issues

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is refurbished. It was offered as a replacement to the Thunderbolt. The day I received ICS update rolled out. Been great. Runs quite warm tho. Waiting for the mini update to ICS hoping it will fix that issue. Other than that I am really pleased

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

steveknj

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my THIRD refurb Rezound. First one had issues with phone calls (screen goes blank, even when pulled from ear and phonebook sync on bluetooth doesn't work), second one didn't recognize the SIM card, both old and a brand new one. I just got the third, and it's not finding all the apps in Play Store assigned to my gmail account. So my opinion of the refurbs are that they stink. If I can't get the apps problem resolved....this will be it for the rezound for me. I'm going to ask Verizon to give me something else or give me monetary compensation for the time I've spent configuring and reconfiguring.

And the worst part? There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with my original Rezound. Verizon rep at the store DIDN'T know about the Maps issue and rather than research it, just ordered me the refurb.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000