Incoming calls going straight to VMail?

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update. This issue has been driving me nuts and after many factory resets and other troubleshooting ideas no solution was found. So after 2 weeks of constant missed calls, I switched back to my iPhone 4 for craps and giggles and.... it has been 4 days without a missed call. Not sure if its a coincidence or not but I'm gonna stick with my iPhone for another week or so and see what happens. I don't remember having this problem with my OG Inc so I don't know if its just a Rezound radio issue or maybe just a bug somewhere. I'll let you know how it goes.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. This issue has been driving me nuts and after many factory resets and other troubleshooting ideas no solution was found. So after 2 weeks of constant missed calls, I switched back to my iPhone 4 for craps and giggles and.... it has been 4 days without a missed call. Not sure if its a coincidence or not but I'm gonna stick with my iPhone for another week or so and see what happens. I don't remember having this problem with my OG Inc so I don't know if its just a Rezound radio issue or maybe just a bug somewhere. I'll let you know how it goes.

It could be that the phone is just not compatible with your area... I know it sounds wierd but it's possible.. My wife had 3 facsinates that would miss calls ALL the time. They would do the same thing your phone is doing (we are in phoenix) they finally gave her a new phone...

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think even though the number change fixed my problem it has something to do with 4g.

I never had the problem with my OG Droid or my Droid X. I had it with the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid Razzr.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I think even though the number change fixed my problem it has something to do with 4g.

I never had the problem with my OG Droid or my Droid X. I had it with the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid Razzr.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

I experienced the problem with my DInc.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

bags51

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Have ongoing problem with calls going directly to VM with no notification or record in the log file. It happens with texts too. Have updated firmware, reflashed the phone and replaced SIM card. Now awaiting " new" refurbished phone to see if that solves the problem. GS3 with ATT.

kickit023

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
****MY PROBLEM WAS SOLVED****
I just got a new phone on 12/31/12. I had switch over from a different carrier. The previous carrier was in my wife's name. I purchased the phone and account at Costco. I got my phone and switched to Verizon from T-Mobile. Then about 30 minutes later I cancelled my wife's account and switched her over. Her phone has been working fine, but mine has not been. I have been unable to receive calls, it goes straight to voicemail. After about an hour of reading through different boards I went to the local Verizon store. They figured it out for me.

Here is what happened. My phone had not been ported correctly. When the Costco cell rep sent my information to be ported, they put that my T-Mobile account was in my name, not my wife's name. So, it only got ported half way, which was why I was able to make calls, but not receive them. He called tech support and eventually landed at their Port Center. They completed the port by changing the name sent from my name to my wife's name since the T-mobile account was in her name. This fixed the problem and the port was completed.

So, hopefully that helps people. See if you have anything in common with me.
1. Did you transfer a number from a different carrier?
2. Was the account in your name or someone else's?
3. Did you get your account and phone from a secondary provider (i.e. Costco, Walmart, etc)?
4. When you speak with Tech Support, see if they can see if your number port was completed.

Esch1117

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can say in my case I did not transfer my phone from another carrier and I have this exact problem. In my case I've had an LG Lucid (Verizon) since April 2012 and actually didn't have ANY problems with this till my phone was eligible for the Icecream Sandwich (ICS) update in October 2012. Once I updated the OS, from that point on this problem happens to me frequently. It has something to do with ICS but I have zero idea what or how to fix it.

bandman1967

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think your problem is a verizon issue. I was very frustrated until last night, having been unable to have my wife get her calls past voice mail to me. They advance me to tier 2 (actually above). It took a couple of days, but what the problem was coming from my address book. There is a button at the bottom of my device that somehow made me block her calls. I was "pig headed" I kept telling the tech, "no way did I block that!". The tech was VERY patient with me and a "light in my mind turned on" making me finally see that somehow this blocking had occurred. Now I actually know how to make people who annoy me go straight to voice mail so that is good for me and a new skill. Check you blocking possibilities on that phone, not through gmail or anything else. You will be amazed. Try to stay open minded too. A lot of people online gripe about Verizon. Sure they are in it "for the money" because they are a business. However many people feel compelled to gripe and moan and groan blaming big businesses for all the troubles of the world without understanding that we all are human. Good luck to you.

Marla Barton

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Same here! Very upsetting... my phone doesn't ring at all times. I checked to be it didn't go without a signal and it did not. Sounds like this is an ongoing problem with Verizon. I always thought Verizon was the very best of all he carriers! I need to start shopping around I'm thinking. I get a lot of echoing too! I don't' understand these problems with Verizon at all.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting? Also try plugging in a headset maybe your speaker is blown

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also still having this issue and it is very frustrating. In my case it only happens occasionally, but of course, those times when it does happen, I'm missing the most important calls.

There is one factor that seems to be present every time that I've missed a call. As far as I can recall, every time this has happened, I have had another program running. Here is what happens - I have to drop my wife off and then pick her up when she calls in about 45 minutes or so. She has poor health and can't walk very far and I don't like having her wait any longer than necessary.

I go a few blocks away and park and browse various apps to pass the time, (Example Google Currents or Flipboard). During this time I can see that my 4g signal is at full strength and after the missed call, I can see that there was NO signal interruption.

I keep wondering if running these programs is part of the problem. I've never heard of this being an issue, so I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this possibility.

FlyboyLDB

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC Rezound and have been troubled with the same issues - goes straight to voice mail with no indication on the phone of a missed call. This happens in good signal conditions. It appears an issue with the Rezound as we have other brands of phones in the same house that never experiences the issue. All are on Verizon. I have had the phone replaced 3 times for various issues - all 3 had the same no missed call indication at various times. Could be an issue on the Verizon network I guess - but likely the phone is the culprit in my opinion. We have never changed carriers - so the port issue is not the cause. Nor has any type of blocked contact list. I can have a call go straight to voice mail from a caller and they turn around and call back 2-3 times and they get through. Very annoying. I have set up Google Voice to handle my voice mail now - it will at least pick up in the voice mail part to show a missed call should the caller decide not to leave a voice mail. Something that Verizon's voice mail will not do. At least I can see who tried to call.

Meti Anu

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having this problem and went to the actual stores to see if they could resolve this issue. I was act work and it took an ex-employee of Iphones to help me out with my LG motion 4g phone which all calls were going to voicemail without hearing a ringtone.

Fix: go to 'system settings' > 'call' > then scroll down to 'call restrictions' and click on 'Incoming Call' from this point select 'allow all' and this should solve your problem. If your not able to make 'out-going calls' follow the same instructions but click on 'outgoing calls'.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having this problem and went to the actual stores to see if they could resolve this issue. I was act work and it took an ex-employee of Iphones to help me out with my LG motion 4g phone which all calls were going to voicemail without hearing a ringtone.

Fix: go to 'system settings' > 'call' > then scroll down to 'call restrictions' and click on 'Incoming Call' from this point select 'allow all' and this should solve your problem. If your not able to make 'out-going calls' follow the same instructions but click on 'outgoing calls'.
The Rezound does not have a "Call Restrictions" settings in the Call menu, or anywhere else I could find. For some reason this is an occasional issue for users on Verizon and seems to vary by location.

Serge Boivin

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My daughter is having a very similar problem. She can receive calls and text messages if her phone is ON with and the screen is ON, but as soon as the screen turns off and the phone is on standby, she cannot receive any calls or texts. Once she turns the screen back ON, the missed texts start popping up after a few seconds. It's as if the phone turns off the cell network when it goes on standby. I've searched the phone for some kind of setting that could account for this, but there is nothing. I don't think there is anything wrong with signal strength because all other cellphones in the house are receiving fine, and this happens to her everywhere she goes. She has an HTC One V. Any clues? Is it time to replace the phone? It's not very old...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
My daughter is having a very similar problem. She can receive calls and text messages if her phone is ON with and the screen is ON, but as soon as the screen turns off and the phone is on standby, she cannot receive any calls or texts. Once she turns the screen back ON, the missed texts start popping up after a few seconds. It's as if the phone turns off the cell network when it goes on standby. I've searched the phone for some kind of setting that could account for this, but there is nothing. I don't think there is anything wrong with signal strength because all other cellphones in the house are receiving fine, and this happens to her everywhere she goes. She has an HTC One V. Any clues? Is it time to replace the phone? It's not very old...

All I can say is that my new Moto X did not ring a time or two -- at the same house where the Verizon signal is usually garbage. I can't help you, but -- to me -- it's a network / tower / coverage problem more than it is the phone. Motorola's are notorious for having great signal strengths, yet I still didn't get one or two incoming calls until the voicemail flashed.

Just my 2 cents.

trontech43

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
You need to reboot the phone at least once a week, to ensure it will ring.
Discovered this, a year ago.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this problem about 20% of time. It can't possibly be related to the signal strength as it happens when I sit two feet away from the network extender.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan