Incoming calls going straight to VMail?

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I've had my rezound for a few months and it has been a great device. However the last week or so my phone has not been ringing on incoming calls. The only way I know I missed it is if the caller leaves a voicemail then I get a voicemail notification. I cannot miss phone calls having a disabled child so this is unacceptable for me. Any ideas on a solution?
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I've had my rezound for a few months and it has been a great device. However the last week or so my phone has not been ringing on incoming calls. The only way I know I missed it is if the caller leaves a voicemail then I get a voicemail notification. I cannot miss phone calls having a disabled child so this is unacceptable for me. Any ideas on a solution?

I am sure you have enabled one of the sound profiles, and set the ringer volume, right?

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my ringer is 2 notches from full volume and vibrate is also on. Went through my contacts and no one is blocked. I have good coverage and most of what I missed is when I'm on wifi. When not on wifi I'm on 4G Verizon.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
And you can make calls fine?

Perhaps it got forwarded by accident, try opening the dialer and enter <STAR>73 and press call, you should hear several beeps and it will disconnect within a few seconds automatically, then have someone call your phone.

dstrakele

May 30, 2011
Visit site
An incoming call will go straight to voicemail if you have lost signal. Check "Settings - Power - Battery use - Cell standby - Time without a signal". If it is not zero (where the "Time without a signal" entry will be missing), but some percentage value of the time the phone has been on battery (or charging), that will explain a voicemail without a "Missed Call" notification.

"Battery use" gets reset whenever you change from "charging" to "battery", so it's important to check for "Time without a signal" as soon as you can after you get a call going direct to voicemail.

Last edited:

gampt

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem with Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. I went through extensive testing with tech support which suggested phone replacement. I've got two new phones with same problem reoccurring. Then I switched to Rezound and still having the same issues. Verizon will not admit it but there is a problem with phone detection when switching towers since they upgraded network to LTE. Only 4G phones are affected. The only workaround I found so far is to initiate a phone call so phone connects and registers with the tower. It's very annoying and I'm looking forward to end of my contract to switch to T-Mobile.

Jimbo57

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
This is a frequent problem here in southwest Georgia. We are not 4G yet and it also happened when I used my Droid2. It's the network.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been dealing with this problem for over 4 months now. I have spent (wasted) countless hours of my time on the phone with support and they still can't figure it out. I have talked with tec support had numerous trouble tickets filed and now have a so called network technician trying to solve the problem. As a last resort they said they are going to erase me and start over with a new number. Personally I'm ready to say screw Verizon and try another carrier.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

bradmcmillen

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This is good to know. I checked mine and it's 95% but that's because I don't have good coverage in my home. I do, however, have WiFi on all the time. I suspect I'd be better off to just turn off my Mobile network when I'm in WiFi mode because the phone is confused. Does my thought pattern make sense on this? I've lost track of how many times I've looked at my phone and realized I missed calls.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Brad, No your thought process doesn't make any sense.. Wifi and Mobile Network is only for DATA not for phone usage. I can turn off mobile network and wifi and still recieve calls.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Brad, No your thought process doesn't make any sense.. Wifi and Mobile Network is only for DATA not for phone usage. I can turn off mobile network and wifi and still recieve calls.

I remember that day long ago when I found this out... the clouds parted, rays of light came streaming down and an angelic choir started singing. See, I had been leaving 3G on because I thought I needed it for everything the phone does... and it was killing my battery in no-time flat since that building was like a concrete & steal bunker.

"I can turn off 3G and still get phone calls & send texts?? OH.HELL.YES!!" pretty sure that was my response. :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The OP is not alone. On my DInc (3G) and my Rezound (4G), I have received voicemails without even seeing a missed call in the call log. The Verizon signal sucks in my end of the neighborhood.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had this problem occasionally, including this very morning. I had dropped my wife off and was parked a few blocks away, waiting for her to call and have me pick her up. I don't know if it went directly to voice mail but it did not ring and I had it the phone in my hand the entire time. She left a voice mail message and I did get the notification beep. The cell standby showed time without a signal at 0%.

I was reading articles using Google Currents at the time and I wonder if that app could have somehow blocked the ring. It shouldn't have, but I can't thing of anything else.

Naturally, when we tested under pretty much the same conditions, everything worked fine. This is irritating because I'm a light phone user, but when I do need to receive a call it is usually important to me.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
we have this same issue on our Blackberries all the time on the Nextel network. Its rather irritating as we are on call 24/7. I have not had the issue with my Rezound though, its on Verizon.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
All I can tell you is that I also experienced it, in fact it happened once today. Don't if it resolves itself or if I did something without knowing it

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
After many months with this problem I finally spoke to a tec support rep who helped me. He found out I was part of a much larger trouble ticket with a good sized group having this same problem. He said some people were solving the problem with a number change.

yes it was a pain changing the phone number I have had for years, but in three weeks since the change it has not happened once.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no help to give on this one, except to share that it happens to both myself and my husband. It's happening to me quite frequently, actually. Very frustrating, but wouldn't be enough for me to change my number honestly. Besides the fact that this is the first phone it has happened on for both of us... I don't believe it's our numbers, but who knows?

It isn't annoying enough for me to drop the phone or my number so I guess I won't complain too much, ha! :beer:

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Following up on what metz said ... I recently changed my # for other reasons. I can't honestly remember experiencing my 'phantom missed call' problem since I changed my #. Maybe it's fixed.

I'll be watching extra hard to be sure, tho.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2