List of Jelly Bean devices released

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Strange how they mention the Incredible though and a slew of other phones that never made it past GB but couldn't even bother with a "Rezound, probably not."

Fortunately I don't rely on Verizon (or HTC for that matter) for updates to my phones. Dev community rocks it on the Rezound!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of an idiotic list, if you ask me. The original Desire is on the list for probably not? Really, thank you author of all thing in the future. I wouldn't take this as anything other than some dude making a guess at some phones, and using info that is readily available for others. He could have saved a few hundred words and just said "all phones shipped with ICS will get JB, all other phones are anyones best guess, if you have a G1, you most likely will not get JB".

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I would really be surprised if none of the S2 variants got it they all definitely have the specs to run JB. Heck if the Gal Nexus can run it almost any dual core phone should be able to......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't even go by this guys info. I could make a better article with pretty much the same opinions... which is all they are going to be until an offical statement from the Manufactuers

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This article seems to me to be just a "hit page"... it has lots of info that a search engine could match to, but not a lot of real information. My guess is that the articles real intent is to get a search match and bring you to their site more than actually providing any real, useful information.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
No mention of the Incredible 4g. Unless they meant Incredible lineup. Pff wishful thinking.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

If the Rezound gets it officially, I'll eat my shorts lol. I just don't see it happening with how little shelf life the phone has had and the fact it shipped with gb. They would have to invent a sense 3.7 or something for it sense it obvious they are not going to do a real sense update. Plus it will take Verizon 6 months to give the ota if they do make it.

Them giving the devs a leak to work with is the best we can hope for as far as a sense based version that is actually meant for the Rezound. We will get it in the format of aosp based and one x based I believe though

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
One dev already had JB booting on a Rez and it seems that once Chad n the others over at XDA work out the kinks with AOSP I'm sure they re gonna try and start merging it with the JB framework, having a One X leak or something would probably help, then again..my coding understanding for Android is very limited. Regardless, I'm pretty sure we'll see something in the near future. It's already amazing how smooth they were able to make AOSP, CM9 and AOKP in such a relatively short amount of time.
Along with that though, I know many of us are waiting eagerly for Joelz to release an update to ViperROM with Sense 4.1..believe the Desire version was already released so the Rez should not be far off :D

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
One dev already had JB booting on a Rez and it seems that once Chad n the others over at XDA work out the kinks with AOSP I'm sure they re gonna try and start merging it with the JB framework, having a One X leak or something would probably help, then again..my coding understanding for Android is very limited. Regardless, I'm pretty sure we'll see something in the near future. It's already amazing how smooth they were able to make AOSP, CM9 and AOKP in such a relatively short amount of time.
Along with that though, I know many of us are waiting eagerly for Joelz to release an update to ViperROM with Sense 4.1..believe the Desire version was already released so the Rez should not be far off :D
Don't confuse "OFFICIAL" with what devs do... two very different things.

jkslater3

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well a more positive way to look at that list is that the Rezound ISN'T on the list of devices confirmed not to get 4.1 or the unlikely list. Granted it would be nice to see it on an official "maybe" list at least...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana