Problem with Rezound screen

triplec716

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My Rezound has a problem with the screen and I haven't been able to pin down the problem.

Sometimes the screen won't unlock unless I hit the back of the phone, and then sometimes when the screen is on it will turn funny colors and fade out, I took a screenshot while it was like this and the screen looked normal. Touching it also seems to work when the screen is like this. When the screen doesn't come on while charging sometimes I can wiggle the plug and it will come on.

So can anyone identify my problem or lead me to a solution? Thanks

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a loose or defective cable between the main board and the display inside the phone... unless you are very techy and your phone is not under warranty for some reason (it should be, all Rezounds are less than year old) I would not try to repair this issue yourself, I wouldn't and I am a 20 year telecom and IT tech.

For me, Factory Reset, then if the problem continues get a replacement from Verizon.

triplec716

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried the factory reset and it didn't work. I bought the phone from a friend who was switching carriers so is my phone still under warranty?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure, call Verizon and/or HTC and find out. Sometimes Verizon gets sticky on the details, and I have heard other times they just take care of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge