Rezound _ Problems connecting to Home Wi Fi

simplelibrarian

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a new Rezound for my wife and everything works great except one little thing. When using WiFi at home and connects, seems fine for a minute then drops the connection. Few seconds later it catches the signal again and they drops it. It just continues to do this. It wont hold a connection for more then a minute. I brought it to work and it connect to the wireless here just fine and has no issues. So this leads me to believe I have an issue with the router. But I also have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi and an HTC Thunderbolt and they both have no issues whatsoever connecting to my WiFi. I cleaned the contacts on her phone as tech support had told me to do and that didn't solve anything. Any ideas?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Change the DHCP lease time in the router to a set time frame of 1440 minutes or less, many routers (such as Belkin) us a permenant DHCP lease, many versions of Android don't like this. Also, power cycle the wireless router. Note that the Rezound by default will disable WiFi when the screen is blanked, to change this go to Setting-WiFi-(tap menu button)-Advanced and change "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Always and possibly tick "Best Wi-Fi Performance" as well. If this issue is ONLY with your home router, meaning it doesn't do it at work, Starbucks, or a friends house, consider replacing the router. You could also try disabling WiFi security for a short time at home to see if the issue is something weird with the security (ie. using WEP with 802.11n). Last thing would be to factory default your router and the Rezound and see if the issues continue, then you are at a point where it's buy a new router, or get a replacement Rezound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12