111.4 degrees after 2 vids.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Is 111.4 degrees a normal battery temp after:
watching 1 45-second YouTube video,
watching 1 3-minute ESPN video, which I accessed via the ESPN Scorecenter Video widget, and
looking briefly at my Google+ stream?

Do battery temps actually vary depending on the launcher in use?

Doesn't seem like a normal temp for minor activity.

I recently switched from Sense to Nova Launcher just for kicks. Trying out the widgets for the first time.

Similar activity while using Sense did not seem to make the battery so warm.

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
105.4 degrees by the time I finished tapping out that first post. Warmer than I ever saw in Sense while using Tapatalk.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is 111.4 degrees a normal battery temp after:
watching 1 45-second YouTube video,
watching 1 3-minute ESPN video, which I accessed via the ESPN Scorecenter Video widget, and
looking briefly at my Google+ stream?

Do battery temps actually vary depending on the launcher in use?

Doesn't seem like a normal temp for minor activity.

I recently switched from Sense to Nova Launcher just for kicks. Trying out the widgets for the first time.

Similar activity while using Sense did not seem to make the battery so warm.
That is extremely high for a phone. My Nexus 7 tablet gets about 90-100 degrees when being used alot but my Rezound never gets higher than 80 degrees under most activity levels. 114 degrees is way too high for such light usage. IMO you should definitely be concerned and continue to monitor your temp levels and try to figure out exactly what is happening and why.

---------- Post Merged at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:29 AM ----------

My average temp is 70-71 degrees and never really gets hotter than 74-78 under medium to high usage.

rs98hv

May 20, 2011
Visit site
That's actually a little above average. I hit that only while charging and tethering or playing a movie via mhl

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'll keep watching the temps. After posting, my temp rose to only 103.3 while watching a 15 minute YouTube vid. Gotta figure out the real factors causing the problem.

Thanks.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What firmware are you running Tbolt? The official ICS or the global mode RUU?

Generally the 4.3.605.2 firmware runs cooler, I definitely noticed it runs cooler, but I have seen temps around 110-115, after playing Angry Birds or Symphony of Eternity of extended periods of time. The Rez just seems to run warm when it's actually working at something and not doing the normal, mundane stuff.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery is 98.2 degrees right now. It is on the charger and I just ran netflix for about 10 minutes.It is also placed on a stand.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
signal and ambient temp may make a big difference. i have seen near 130 deg F on my Rez. All 4 of them.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What firmware are you running Tbolt? The official ICS or the global mode RUU?

Generally the 4.3.605.2 firmware runs cooler, I definitely noticed it runs cooler, but I have seen temps around 110-115, after playing Angry Birds or Symphony of Eternity of extended periods of time. The Rez just seems to run warm when it's actually working at something and not doing the normal, mundane stuff.

I am running the global RUU. I honestly don't remember seeing (feeling) my battery get so warm on previous RUUs or on stock GB.

signal and ambient temp may make a big difference. i have seen near 130 deg F on my Rez. All 4 of them.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

ouch -- that's hot. I wonder what the "normal" range is.

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:41 AM ----------

My battery is 98.2 degrees right now. It is on the charger and I just ran netflix for about 10 minutes.It is also placed on a stand.

That sounds like a safe temp level. Are you running the global RUU?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
110 is fine, 140 is bad. Lithium batteries will be fine up to 150ish, but you dont want to get close to that. I think the heat is kernel/rom related, because some roms run cooler than others. Also, direct sunlight seems to heat it up, as well as covering the battery door with your hand. My first Rez would get so hot the battery would drain about 10% a minute, replacement, never over 120.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
The temps you guys are reporting seem to be much higher than mine. At idle it is always 70 degrees and rarely reaches the high 70's even when playing games, streaming YouTube etc. I am using the Laza extended battery 3200Mah. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Which Battery App are you guys using to get the temp? I'm using Battery HD.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the free version of Battery Indicator.

I just downloaded Battery Indicator Free and it's saying that my battery is 21.4C which is around 70.5F. I think it may be my battery which is keeping it cooler than yours. I can't say for sure but it seems logical at this point. I recommend getting this beast of a battery if you become overly concerned about your temp or if problems develop.
Also I highly recommend getting Battery HD Free App, it is waaaaay better than Battery Indicator, it gives you tons of useful info.

If you're interested the battery I have is the Laza Battery 3200Mah from Amazon $25. Good Luck Tbolt!

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Playing Asphalt 7 Heat for about 5-10 mins got my temps to 108.9 with an extended battery

Curious, what (Mah) size is your battery?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Battery Indicator Free and it's saying that my battery is 21.4C which is around 70.5F. I think it may be my battery which is keeping it cooler than yours. I can't say for sure but it seems logical at this point. I recommend getting this beast of a battery if you become overly concerned about your temp or if problems develop.
Also I highly recommend getting Battery HD Free App, it is waaaaay better than Battery Indicator, it gives you tons of useful info.

If you're interested the battery I have is the Laza Battery 3200Mah from Amazon $25. Good Luck Tbolt!

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Curious, what (Mah) size is your battery?

2750 it's the one you can get from verizon for 30 (on sale)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have the 2750 HTC battery from Verizon, too.

Thanks ... I do like the HD Battery app more.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
After constant usage (Angry Birds Space, Pandora, Web Browsing, You Tube) for 3 hours straight my battery is 71.4 degrees. I call that a win for this beast of a battery lol
The new HTC OneX+ looks really awesome, don't like the non-replaceable battery though :(

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
wow. 122.8 - 130 degrees, as mentioned in this thread so far, sounds high but i guess it's to be expected.

at idle, my normal temp seems to be about 85 degrees - your 70 degrees is amazing, android4life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante