Anybody Else Lose Data Connection???

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Was trying to get on Facebook a little while ago and POOF data connection was gone. I toggled it off and on, restarted the phone, pulled the battery and nothing. :mad:
Anyone else having that problem??

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
im kind of use to having to do a battery pull just about every day, went to verizon and they replaced the sim card, still does it though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Was trying to get on Facebook a little while ago and POOF data connection was gone. I toggled it off and on, restarted the phone, pulled the battery and nothing. :mad:
Anyone else having that problem??
Nope, connection issues that are not Verizon specific issues (bad or overloaded tower, defective equipment, poor signal, etc) are usually a sign of a bad SIM card or defective hardware in a stock unit, sometimes it can be radio/kernel issues in custom builds. If this happens rarely and a battery pull or toggle Airplane Mode on and off fixes it, it's probably not a huge issue. Just try the normal stuff, verify mobile data is on and in the correct mode and if the problem continues and others around you with similar service are having no problems, consider getting a replacement device.

im kind of use to having to do a battery pull just about every day, went to verizon and they replaced the sim card, still does it though.

I would not stand for this, if I have to do a battery pull once a month due to phone issues I consider it excessive (but I have three batteries and change them weekly as part of a rotation schedule). It seems that Verizon has already tried step one (SIM card), so step two would be a factory reset and if the problem still recurs I would get a replacement device.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
This was a problem for me about three months ago. did a sim change and called tech and went into store. One day it just went away. I would have to say there is some work going on in your area on the towers and for me it took a couple of months before it stopped. Noone at verizon will admit to anything but I'm for sure it work their doing in your area not to be completed very fast.

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My data stopped working this morning, too. I cannot make calls or data connections.

Sent from my HTC Reziund using Android Central Forums

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I could not make or receive calls, texts or emails. Wifi worked fine. I went back and forth with Tech Support all day and nothing they suggested worked until I tried a factory data reset. That fixed the problem.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I could not make or receive calls, texts or emails. Wifi worked fine. I went back and forth with Tech Support all day and nothing they suggested worked until I tried a factory data reset. That fixed the problem.

Wish more people would listen to some of us on here.. Most of us had the rezound since last November. Congrats you got everything sorted out

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wish more people would listen to some of us on here.. Most of us had the rezound since last November. Congrats you got everything sorted out
I like how everyone bulks so hard at the possibility of doing a Factory Reset... yet once they do probably 95% of those people all rave about how it fixes so much stuff and they wish they had listened to us and done it so much sooner. :cool:

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I am surprised it was not the first thing they asked you to do. like others has said, it usually clears up the issues.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got a replacement device. factory reset it right out the box. Didn't even try to set it up first.:D

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I dreaded doing the reset and thought it would be hard to get my phone set up again. Before doing the reset I took screen shots of all screens in my phone to have a record of all of my apps. It wasn't a big deal at all. Thanks to Major Payne and others who are patient with us noobs.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a replacement device. factory reset it right out the box. Didn't even try to set it up first.:D

Factory Reset... the answer to all of life's problems... well, not really, but I would have (and have) done the same thing. WTG!