Galaxy Note 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen the specs on this phone? Wow ... it is pretty awesome. Only drawback is its size ... at least for me because I wear my phone on a clip and I even thought the Razr Maxx was a little large for my hands. The Note 2 is a pretty big phone.

I do like the split screen and being able to watch videos while using other apps. It also comes with Jelly Bean.

It's a very nice phone. Who the heck would ever buy an iPhone!?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah due to the size I'm actually thinking about this for my wife. Since my wife has MS and has 2 episodes of Opticneuritis she has lost some vision in one eye so sometimes it's hard for her to see text messages on the Razr that she has. Actually it is smaller then the Note even though the note only has a 5.3 inch screen

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah due to the size I'm actually thinking about this for my wife. Since my wife has MS and has 2 episodes of Opticneuritis she has lost some vision in one eye so sometimes it's hard for her to see text messages on the Razr that she has. Actually it is smaller then the Note even though the note only has a 5.3 inch screen

My wife also has MS but to-date we've (well, she) hasn't had any episodes of opticneuritis... that would be some scary [ expletive ].

I'm thinking of the Note 2 for me but I'm going to hold off until HTC's 5" wonder comes out... specs on both are drool-worthy.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well then it sounds like this phone would be awesome for your wives! Very cool!! I can't wait to see it in person.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just left a sprint store to look at it and its even better in person didn't play with it long but it really isn't as big as I thought it would be and even tho I'm a girl it feels pretty good in my hands : ) and it is pretty light

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
After seeing the review video, I still do not like touchwiz at all. So, just curious if anyone has experience running other launchers on Sammy phones? Any problems running something like Nova Launcher?

I can't upgrade at full price right now, but I know before I buy any non-Nexus Sammy phone, I'd want to be sure other launchers work on it. hehe.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
After seeing the review video, I still do not like touchwiz at all. So, just curious if anyone has experience running other launchers on Sammy phones? Any problems running something like Nova Launcher?

I can't upgrade at full price right now, but I know before I buy any non-Nexus Sammy phone, I'd want to be sure other launchers work on it. hehe.

No issues at all with either Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. I used them both on my SGS3 when I was deciding on if I wanted to keep TW or not.

As for the NOTE 2, it does look like a awesome phone. Too big for me I am hoping that the DLX comes to Sprint. I think 5" for a phone is going to be my limit.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with the Note2 because it's the phone that I've been waiting for since I found out how awesome the original Note was. It just never came to Verizon. It could be a 17" phone and I'd grab it anyway haha.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it. It should be, it can be, I am sure someone will find a way to make it so, but I doubt Verizon will do it. Is the rez an official world phone yet? That was promised a long time ago. My SGS3 is supposed to be one as well but none of the updates so far are pointing in that direction

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I doubt it. It should be, it can be, I am sure someone will find a way to make it so, but I doubt Verizon will do it. Is the rez an official world phone yet? That was promised a long time ago. My SGS3 is supposed to be one as well but none of the updates so far are pointing in that direction

I hope you're wrong, but think you're probably right. hehe. We'll see.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
HTC is coming out with a cool phone. HTC DLX. for deluxe.

Yea, looking forward to hearing official word about it. I hope it has a removable battery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea, looking forward to hearing official word about it. I hope it has a removable battery.

It does not have a removable battery according to what i remember. It's because HTC fliped the logic board and the battery so that the battery could be bigger and the phone still super thin. Phil talked about it on one of the podcasts.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
It does not have a removable battery according to what i remember. It's because HTC fliped the logic board and the battery so that the battery could be bigger and the phone still super thin. Phil talked about it on one of the podcasts.

Won't risk buying it until after I've heard how well the battery lasts in real-world use. I've mentioned elsewhere ... the non-removable battery situation may very well be the reason why this Rezound is my last HTC phone.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Won't risk buying it until after I've heard how well the battery lasts in real-world use. I've mentioned elsewhere ... the non-removable battery situation may very well be the reason why this Rezound is my last HTC phone.

Yep, removable battery is still a deal breaker for me, too. I know people are saying it's not the end of the world to have a sealed back, but I like being able to replace a defective battery as opposed to having to replace the whole device. Same can be said for expandable memory.

I guess I'm gonna have the Rezound for a long while... I like the features a lot and also, can keep our unlimited data by not buying a subsidized device.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
No way...the touchscreen is way too small on that thing. If any of you are thinking about any Samsung phone, check their website. They have a trade-in program to get a discount on a new Samsung phone. My SGS3 is worth $255 and will be headed back to Sammy in roughly a month when the Verizon Gnote2 drops.

I forget ... Do you have to pay full retail directly through Samsung to get that rebate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol