Will nano sim work in Android?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone here has tried the iphone 5 nano sim in the Rezound? I destroyed my old Rezound sim trying to make it work in the iphone when I first got it. long story....

So I can reactivate my iphone 5 sim or get a new sim from Verizon. Just wondered if anyone used a nano in the Rezound? (with an adapter obviously...)

msgnyc

May 23, 2010
Visit site
It'll work just fine. Just as you can take a full sized sim, cut it down and use it in an iP5. While the card itself is smaller, the contact points are the same. You'll just need to make/buy an adapter since the nano is obviously smaller.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, all I can add to this is that the iPhone nano sim cannot be reactivated and used in the android phone. I went to Verizon online, picked to switch a device. I then typed the imei of the android. When it then asked for a sim code, I typed in the sim number of the nano sim. Immediately got an error message stating the sim was not compatible with android. I need a new sim.

Now, had I taken an active nano out of an iPhone and put directly into the android, would it have worked? No idea, but I am betting it won't. Verizon seems to have something in their system that can differentiate between android and iPhone sims.

Bummer....

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It'll work just fine. Just as you can take a full sized sim, cut it down and use it in an iP5. While the card itself is smaller, the contact points are the same. You'll just need to make/buy an adapter since the nano is obviously smaller.

That is incorrect in regards to Verizon. I had a full size sim out of my Rezound. I cut it down perfectly, installed in my iPhone 5 and showed I was getting Verizon signal. However, it would not allow me to use the phone. When I called Verizon they told me then that the current LTE sim cards would not work in the iPhone 5. They said the sim was a bit different. They ARE a bit different in appearance. I am referring to the gold plated part, not simply size. I tossed my original LTE sim (stupid me!!!!) after I had cut it down to nano size and it would not work. So I cannot take a picture to show the difference.

So looks like I need to take a trip to a Verizon corp. store and grab a new sim card to get my android activated.

Sigh.....

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got an update of sorts...

Today I activated my iPhone five and its sim. The actual phone is in the hands of USPS on its way to its new owner. But I have the sim. So I went on vzw online and pretended to be activating my iPhone 5. Once the imei was entered and it asked for my sim, I just stuck the sim in my Rezound. Voila! My Rezound is up and running. Of course, VZW thinks that I am using my iPhone five. LOL

Tomorrow I will need to go get a new sim, otherwise when the Fives new owner tries to activate, it wil show already in service.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Lol, got another update...

I came home from work last night intending to activate this iPhone 4, that would release the iPhone 5 for the new owner. Well, to my surprise when I logged into My Verizon, it showed my current device as the Rezound!!

So apparently, even though I had the iPhone 5 activated, once I moved the sim to the Rezound, Verizon was able to recognize the sim is now in my Rezound.

Nice!

Sent from my tricked out iphone while my Rezound charges!!!

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
would like to thank you for replying to yourself. alot of people end up never finding answers cause people never post their solutions. I also reply to myself tying up lose ends by replying to myself. Thanks

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, no one else was really replying so I had to entertain myself. LOL

But yeah, I hate it when someone doesn't come back and wrap up their threads.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2