anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
factory reset

Select Settings.
Select Storage.
Select Factory data reset.
Check the desired erase options then select Reset phone.
Select Erase Everything.

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... OK. Had a teenager crisis to deal with but finally go some time for this... When I plug in the HTC it prompts me to install the drivers but then takes me to the VZW backup assistant page. I tried the link u gave me and same thing.. I'm in the process of downloading the ICS update to the computer. Don't know why it won't install the drivers tho

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK I extracted the files but don't know how to install them.
dy5y7e6y.jpg

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
uzugubym.jpg

Hope u can see that. I can't take screen shot on my laptop cuz the keyboard doesn't work. I use my phones keyboard for the pc. I'll get a wireless keyboard at some point..

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, what is WinRAR? I have something else in downloaded too and it says it isn't free... I get to try it for 30 days..
Update.. I just clicked on the wizard and it is asking this... Do I want to hit finish?
y7ymanug.jpg

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I lied.. It actually went to htc software updates. It gives instructions on how to update to ICS by checking the software update on the phone. I don't see anything about drivers

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't give you the HTC sync install screen?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

EDIT: under the section that says HTC SYNC hit read more then scroll down and hit the download button that is what you need

i cannot give you a direct link because it downloads right away

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: under the section that says HTC SYNC hit read more then scroll down and hit the download button that is what you need

i cannot give you a direct link because it downloads right away

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got it now... It's downloading. Another 10 min it says. I used my laptop and I don't have outlook if it doesn't down load right ill use the desktop. Don't know if it matters

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow the wind is gusting here.. I think it's going to take the roof off.. I hate the wind almost as much as I hate mornings. Download is done now it's installing.. I even read the directions on what to do next. Let's see if I remember them now

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I grew up in Minnesota, and have never really gotten used to waking up to beautiful blue skies and Green grass on Christmas morning... It's unnatural.. OK I'm installed and the pc and phone see each other. I did the HTC sync. I have to re download the ICS link. I came back to the pc and it had canceled. Is there a preference to chrome or explorer or does it not matter which I use?