There's no place like home

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nah.. Not yet. I'm going to see what happens with this one. If I still can't manage to figure it out I thought I'd have u take a look tomorrow. Maybe you can figure out where it's going. If I downloaded it then it has to be somewhere right? It wouldn't just dissappear... Would it?

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And while I'm waiting I'm looking for something else to do. Decided I need a better music player.. Know any good ones? I had double twist but it's kinda... Blah

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK.. Here's another one for ya.. I've been on my phone looking at stuff all this time.. On the Internet, Google play, mostly. My phone is on the charger and since I've been sitting here the battery has gone from 23 to 3%. It's getting ready to die and I have it on the charger...

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep.. GSlll.. Took me a bit cuz it died. So I pulled the battery then let it charge for about 20 min and now it's at 3. But so far hasn't started dropping again. This has happened a a few times. Goes from 100 to nothing in just over an hour and dies while being charged. Once I think it was from the light flow app.

I mean SGSlll...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
that's weird. i have yet to see that. As a matter of fact, i am at 5% and was talking to the wife and looking something up for about 12 minutes and it went up to 7%. not sure why yours pulled that stunt

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Who knows.. Maybe I suck the life out of it.. Lol... The Gsam battery app showed that auto flow live wallpaper pretty high so I un installed it. Not big on live wall paper anyway. The top offender is the kernel... 22% or something close to that. I don't have a clue what that is or if it's normal.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The kernel is the "intelligence" behind your phone.

The CPU is the actual physical brains, the GPU is the eyes, the kernel gives out the instructions to the CPU on what to do and to the GPU as to what to look at.

it is just a set of instructions that tells your phone what to do and what priority to give each task. Not sure why it was spiking like that. Usually it is the screen or a process that is up like that

EDIT: my kernel is at 2.9% but it has a really small sample size. I would expect something along those lines

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That is a helpful explanation, thanks. Here is what the battery app shows.. I don't know if it offers any useful info to figure out the why of the battery drain.... But it's back down to 1% and it's going to die again so now I'll probably just sleep on it... I'll check out the other tomorrow too. I checked about half hour ago and the file was downloaded 75%. Just as well, I'm getting tired.. Lol.. Oh, and I know my slot mania game is high too, but it's the only way I come close to winning my millions

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354522009447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354522009447.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 12

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea I use the task manager a lot to make sure they stop. Don't know why that one was so high. After being g on the charger all night it only charged to 65%. I know there's a thread on this somewhere, maybe the other forum ill have to look. But the Android system was way up there. Don't really know what to do about it if it keeps up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354552787270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354552787270.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 40

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I figured this is as good a place as any to put my 5000th post here on AC.

You guys have been quiet lately. I gave Breaking Bad enough of a chance I think I made it through season 2...nothing jumped out and kept my attention...maybe I just don't get it...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I figured this is as good a place as any to put my 5000th post here on AC.

You guys have been quiet lately. I gave Breaking Bad enough of a chance I think I made it through season 2...nothing jumped out and kept my attention...maybe I just don't get it...

That reminds me ... I gotta vote for you, Agent Smith & someone else ... Hope voting in that AC community contest isn't over yet.

Haven't seen BB yet. Want to give it a try.

Anyone here into virtual racing? rFactor 2.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Season's Greetings. The Xmas wishes thread will come later in the month, I'm sure.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi all!

No not big on the racing thing...or really any gaming anymore....

Merry Christmas and all that Jazz....to everyone here on the old rez boards and AC in general

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since there isn't a specific topic at hand, mind if I ask a question? Well, two actually, one is about wifi direct between the slll and the rezound, the other is how do I start a new thread so that I could ask the afore mentioned question?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys watch X-Factor? (ducks from flying rotten fish and gay jokes - no, i'm not gay.)

Hopefully you've had a chance to check out Boardwalk Empire, pizza. It gets even better in season 3, imho. Others here may confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith