help with gsm on rezound?

Alicia Galvez

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a verizon htc rezound and put my at&t sim card in it. it makes calls/recieves sms/ but has that problem of not sending sms. I've heard of custom roms but i would like to fix it with a stock rom but i dont know if i can do that without a sim card? I also contacted htc and the person suggested i update it but it wont uppdate from my phone when i check for new updates? can i do any of this without an sd card and with a usb cable? ive searched this and I am completely new to this and dont know half of the things they are talking about help?

Alicia Galvez

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the ruu file from android police and renamed the file and have to wait for my sd card later today to try it. when i get to the hboot screen should it scan my sd card automatically?
and my phone is all stock and from my understanding it should still work right? when i am doing this should i leave my at&t sim card in my phone? also my software version is pretty old version 1.02.605.6 this should not affect it correct? sorry for all the random questions i just want to make sure im doing everything right and my phone has the right requirements because i have been searching for a fix for this for so long now any help is appreciated!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the ruu file from android police and renamed the file and have to wait for my sd card later today to try it. when i get to the hboot screen should it scan my sd card automatically?
and my phone is all stock and from my understanding it should still work right? when i am doing this should i leave my at&t sim card in my phone? also my software version is pretty old version 1.02.605.6 this should not affect it correct? sorry for all the random questions i just want to make sure im doing everything right and my phone has the right requirements because i have been searching for a fix for this for so long now any help is appreciated!
Yes, the phone should scan the SD Card automatically, if you boot up well holding VOL DOWN.

As far as the AT&T SIM goes, it should be irrelevant to the flashing... 1.2.605.6 is REALLY old, make sure you do the flash to the current at least twice to make sure all the radios and stuff get properly updated!

Alicia Galvez

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I know its a really old software version i got the phone from a friend who hasnt had it activated for a while now. and I keep reading all these really long detailed instructions for flashing this ruu but the instructions on android police is really all you need to do? I have no contacts or any important information on this phone so i am not worried about losing anything like that. and how do you flash it twice?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I know its a really old software version i got the phone from a friend who hasnt had it activated for a while now. and I keep reading all these really long detailed instructions for flashing this ruu but the instructions on android police is really all you need to do? I have no contacts or any important information on this phone so i am not worried about losing anything like that. and how do you flash it twice?

The long instructions you may have been reading probably have something to do with ROOTING your phone, perhaps? By flashing the RUU, you are not rooting your phone. You're just updating the software that makes your phone operate.

To flash twice, you will simply follow the entire flashing process over again -- except moving the zip file to your SDCard; it will already be there. After the first update completes, go back into settings and disable Fast boot (System Settings > Power). Or, pull the battery to shut down that way, if you prefer. Then, boot up to the HBOOTY screen. Continue with the flashing process once again....

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Remember that Windows has a tendency to hide the extension, it is common to have it actually named PH98IMG.zip.zip.

Download or side load ES File Manager and navigate to /sdcard/ext_sd and verify the file is in named "PH98IMG.zip" (case sensitive)

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
use es file manager to delete the file u flashed over, then IF u r using a windows base computer rename the file just PH98IMG,put that file on your sd card, boot into hboot, u should be good...

SENT FROM MY HTC REZ