Tethering App

housetiger77

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a tablet, finally, and I want to be able to tether my HTC Rezound with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. What's the best app for this? I heard FoxFi was good, but after reading some recent reviews people are saying that it's not working for HTC anymore. I really don't want to have to tether it via a micro usb cable. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If your tethering the phone with the tablet why are you worried, its a Samsung, not an HTC.. if you meant vice versa, you'll have to try it... FoxFi works on my EVo LTE... Thought I read it was JB specific and also to have an older version of the app because they charge now or somethin

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I did kind of make that confusing. I want to be able to run my new tablet using my data connection through my HTC Rezound.
Your only options to do this via WiFi are to use the embedded Mobile Hotspot app and possibly pay additional for it depending on your plan, or root the device and use Wireless Tether. FoxFi is not supported in the Rezound for WiFi.

housetiger77

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Your only options to do this via WiFi are to use the embedded Mobile Hotspot app and possibly pay additional for it depending on your plan, or root the device and use Wireless Tether. FoxFi is not supported in the Rezound for WiFi.

Do you have a link that describes how to root the Rezound? I've never rooted a phone and have always been afraid to do it because of possible bricking it. I'm fairly tech savvy so I think I could do it.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, there is no stock, unrooted app that can give you tethering on the Rezound... if there was thousands of us would be using it and recommending it!

For rooting, it's not hard to find a link to do it, look in the Rezound Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forum section right here and the very first posting by our own MrSmith317 will get you set straight, or go to any reputable forum and look in the Rezound Rooting or Developers section!

housetiger77

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I'm wanting to do it via wifi instead of wired. I guess I will look into rooting my phone. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't screw it up. LOL. Thanks again!

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, there is no stock, unrooted app that can give you tethering on the Rezound... if there was thousands of us would be using it and recommending it!

Your referring to WiFi tethering only, right? Because USB tether is quite common for the stock Rezound and many others that do not require rooting. Both were mentioned in this thread and just to keep it clear for the OP.

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Your referring to WiFi tethering only, right? Because USB tether is quite common for the stock Rezound and many others that do not require rooting. Both were mentioned in this thread and just to keep it clear for the OP.

I have yet to see any confirmation that wired tether works for a tablet.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Correct, I was referring to WIFI TETHER only, USB and BlueTooth tether work fine with various apps like FoxFi and PDANet.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
You can use foxfi thru Bluetooth. It does work well but you can't you certain apps that use data but the browser works fine.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463