Rezound: just a Tbolt upgrade?

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I must celebrate the fact that Verizon is sending me two brand new rezound phones after one week of two refurbed tbolts. data connection issues were driving me nuts, and Verizon literally offered the Rezound to me and my wife when I called earlier today, expecting two more Tbolts. but now I wonder: is this phone just a Tbolt with more juice? I would like some input from those of you who actually own this phone, even though I will still probably upgrade in july...but maybe not. ;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Some places it was actually referred to as the TB2. But if it was, they did a good job with it.

I do not have it anymore, but had it for awhile. It was a great phone. The screen is great, the speed is an improvement over the TB, signal is better. Dev support is good as well so you can have choices if you go that route.

It is a great phone that got **no** attention from VZW or HTC for that matter. Think the DNA a year from now,.....

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Never had a tbolt but I did have a Bionic. The Rezound has been my favorite phone out of the box. Never felt like I had to tinker with it. (although I did and have)

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I must celebrate the fact that Verizon is sending me two brand new rezound phones after one week of two refurbed tbolts. data connection issues were driving me nuts, and Verizon literally offered the Rezound to me and my wife when I called earlier today, expecting two more Tbolts. but now I wonder: is this phone just a Tbolt with more juice? I would like some input from those of you who actually own this phone, even though I will still probably upgrade in july...but maybe not. ;)

My wife moved from Droid Incredible to Thunderbolt; I moved from Droid Incredible to Rezound... having spent some time playing with the Tbolt, yes, Rezound could very well be considered an updated Tbolt. Really liking the build quality and that screen, well what can you say? That screen kicks seven different kinds of ass.

If, for whatever strange reason, you decide to stay with Tbolt -- pick up a stock Rezound battery as it fits in the Tbolt and has more mAh than stock Tbolt battery. But really, if they are offering you 2 new Rezounds -- TAKE 'EM !! :p

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would say it's an upgrade after having both, but the rez runs hot compared to the bolt.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had a refurbished rezound for a few months now. Offered to me after issues with the bolt. This is a very decent device. I love it. No issues. I do though want the Note2 when I upgrade. But I have to say you will like the Rezound. Hasn't let me down
THE DNA is a let down for me. Hence my leaving HTC. No micro SD card and no removable battery is a deal breaker for me.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

CZEN2

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would say coming from the tbolt that its defiantly a upgrade to the tbolt same size screen ( which is why i got it thought the 4.7 inch screens are to big for my hands) but it is thinner specs still holds up to the htc one s so its still relevant just waiting for a jellybean rom so i can root this sucker.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Since I get my two Rezounds via Fed Ex tomorrow, I will find out for myself in the next week or so how much different the two are. I got my Tbolts a little over a year ago (right after black friday), and up until the last OTA update, It worked great. but not being able to do anything requiring a data connection wore me out. imagine trying to watch a 5 minute video, and it takes about 15 minutes to do it. I'm just hoping that the Rezound isn't plagued with such connectivity issues. I live in a very strong LTE area, so I'm hoping it was just a Tbolt issue.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
on my third day with my Rezound. data connection problems seem to be a thing of the past, as I have had no drops while watching netflix, youtube, and Facebook actually loads up like it's supposed to. also, this phone is much more responsive than the Tbolt. all in all, I'm happy with the upgrade, and will easily make it to july when I officially upgrade to the Maxx HD or the DNA.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
hmm...I did notice a bit of "warmth" while playing a game for about 15-20 minutes. but I remember that with the Tbolt, too. I could play angry birds for 30 or so minutes, and no change. but with "Plague Inc", it got hot after about 15 minutes. not unbearably hot, but still warm enough for me to notice. I may have to test this with Netflix to see if it's a constant issue.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
7 days into Rezound ownership. all I can say is wow. not one dropped data connection. not one. In my mind, this is proof positive that there is something about the Tbolt that doesn't allow it to hold a 4G, and sometimes a 3G signal. I've done my own "verizon" survey over the past two months, and of the 30 or so people that have verizon, zero of them report data connection issues. the common thread?? none of them own Tbolts. they have either upgraded away from it, or they never bought one to begin with.

needless to say, I'm so glad that Verizon allowed/offered me to move away from the Tbolt. :)

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually going through the same situation. My Tbolt was giving me connectivity issues and 3 phones later, they are sending me a Rezound. Should be here tomorrow or Monday.

-NX-7-

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually going through the same situation. My Tbolt was giving me connectivity issues and 3 phones later, they are sending me a Rezound. Should be here tomorrow or Monday.

-NX-7-

Great news! sounds like Verizon is finally realizing that the Tbolt is a faulty device (unless you've rooted it). glad to see I'm not the only "lucky one".

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The fault is that it was first, most firsts have issues. Taking away the battery life, it wasn't terrible for its time.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
7 days into Rezound ownership. all I can say is wow. not one dropped data connection. not one. In my mind, this is proof positive that there is something about the Tbolt that doesn't allow it to hold a 4G, and sometimes a 3G signal. I've done my own "verizon" survey over the past two months, and of the 30 or so people that have verizon, zero of them report data connection issues. the common thread?? none of them own Tbolts. they have either upgraded away from it, or they never bought one to begin with.

needless to say, I'm so glad that Verizon allowed/offered me to move away from the Tbolt. :)

Agreed, and likely why they've scrapped the idea of putting ICS on it. No sense in prolonging the life of a device they'll never get to perform at a reliable level.

If the Rezound is just an "upgraded" TBolt, they are all welcome upgrades. We just bought a Rezound in October... Brand new from Verizon for $79 or whatever it was... No regrets on that purchase, even with it being 1+year-old model.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Jude! How long have you had your rezound? I remember our days back in the thunderbolt forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

August 2012 they sent it to me. Been great
Yes I remember. It was a good phone for awhile. Rezound is much better

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15