Google location fail

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
my rezound keeps failing to stay connected with Google location, every few days it decides to stop syncing weather at my location, takes two battery pulls to get it going again, no root, no s-off, any ideas will b appreciated.

SENT FROM MY HTC REZ

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. Over the last week, I've noticed my Rezound has been saying I'm in a completely wrong city. Although, I figured it might be the Fancy Widgets app I'm using. Maybe I have the same issue as you.

Do you have GPS enabled, too?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i have checked everything, im using hd widgets, thought that was it, uninstalled the app and no change, when i check google location, i dont get the license agreement notification pop up.

SENT FROM MY HTC REZ

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i have checked everything, im using hd widgets, thought that was it, uninstalled the app and no change, when i check google location, i dont get the license agreement notification pop up.

SENT FROM MY HTC REZ

I just unchecked & rechecked Google Location Services - I did get the agreement notification. Like you, I have every option checked in Location Settings. I'm still getting a city pretty far away.

Just curious ... is this a new Rezound?

hickeyjones

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It seems like a Google problem, but I'm far from an expert. Google locations are always wrong, and my weather app can't find my current location (uses Google for map info). My gps icon doesn't ever show up unless I open up the Google maps app on the phone. I've got all location permissions on.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Nuts. I'm sorry. I can't blame Google because no one else - including me - have the exact same problem. I believe the issue (not even getting the agreement notification) is specific to your phone.

If I were you, I would call Verizon immediately. Tell them you've already done factory resets. Let them see if they can offer up a fix.

I'd be expecting a new replacement if you recently got the phone.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
did a fac. reset on the 13th, worked fine til this morning, called big red, hello 6th rezound...

SENT FROM MY HTC REZ

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Used to be, and I haven't noticed it much on the Rezound because I don't use the weather clock, but there was a known issue with the Inc, and if I'm not mistaken with HTC phones period, that are like TBolt. People were reporting having weather from as far away as China. Mine stayed in Ohio but it was like 4 hours from my location. There was never a fix for it as I remember. People often thought that there would be an update or some patch that HTC or Big Red would put out to solve the issue. At the height of people reporting it there was some thought that it was location based. Meaning that the area you were in, the towers you were connecting to, or the network you were on was playing a part in the inaccuracies, but just like a lot of things with these phones, you and the guy next to you will have some issue but the person on the other side of him will never have a problem. There are just enough people not having an issue to make you think it's a problem.

Wrong time zone and location
Current location says I am on opposite side of planet

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My weather stops syncing all the time.. all throughout the day. I keep having to refresh and then it stops again. It also never gets the city right. I'm using a stock Rezound with the stock clock/weather widget.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
got the 6th one a couple days ago, unlocked and rooted this beast, no issues so far. knock on wood...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
got the 6th one a couple days ago, unlocked and rooted this beast, no issues so far. knock on wood...

Glad to hear it, Mike!

Mind telling me which root method you used? Once a good Jellybean ROM is available, I expect to root too.

Thanks.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
i used the guide on unlockr. com, very easy walk thru, using amonra instead of clock work mod though

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
i used the guide on unlockr. com, very easy walk thru, using amonra instead of clock work mod though

Is this the guide you're speaking of?

Any particular reason why you prefer amon-ra over clockwork mod? Nevermind ... I've read a number of complaints about CWmod. Been a while since I've rooted my DInc -- lost touch with rooting news.

Last edited:

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
i was seeing alot of the good roms were more compatible with amon ra, also i just took it a step further and s-offed my rezound, got it the second time. if u decide to go that route, i will tell u to use a piece of ethernet core not a coax core. ;)

edit:to answer your question, yeah that's the website.

Last edited: