Where's the "We want Jelly Bean" thread?

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Speed improvements, Google Now...but a one year old phone gets left behind? Doesn't HTC see the need to build customer loyalty?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not shocked. The thunderbolt is still on gb, which came out several months before the tb was released.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The poor Rezound will never see a bean. Jelly, coffee or otherwise.

One of the better forgotten phones.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Something you should know about HTC, they don't update Sense versions. What I mean is, if you've got Sense 3.0 and GB, and the next update comes out and needs Sense 3.5, you're not going to get it. They just don't do it for whatever reason. I ran sense 3.0 on my incredible for a long time thanks to developers like NilsP but sadly the very capable incredible never got past Sense 1.0. Don't know why but that's the way it is.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, what is up with that? Even tw gets updated. I ran 4.0 on my red forever and it ran fine so it isn't a hardware issue

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, Wanda, that's pretty much what happened with the Rezound...came out of the box running GB and Sense 3.0, now running ICS and 3.5. I really don't have my hopes up but I believe manufacturers should keep their phones current for two years from release. The percentage of users who will upgrade to a new phone just because their current phone isn't scheduled to be upgraded is probably quite small, and keeping a model up to date for the normal two year upgrade cycle would help build brand loyalty and improve the chances that customers would stay with that brand when they are ready to upgrade.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ummm, Wanda, that's pretty much what happened with the Rezound...came out of the box running GB and Sense 3.0, now running ICS and 3.5. I really don't have my hopes up but I believe manufacturers should keep their phones current for two years from release. The percentage of users who will upgrade to a new phone just because their current phone isn't scheduled to be upgraded is probably quite small, and keeping a model up to date for the normal two year upgrade cycle would help build brand loyalty and improve the chances that customers would stay with that brand when they are ready to upgrade.

The fact that it's currently happening to the Rezound was exactly my point. I was going back to the Inc to show that this is just how they operate so, if you choose an HTC product in the future, be advised.

This is why I'm a proponent of rooting. Sense 4.0 is really nice and a much better interface than 3.5/3.6. Waiting patiently to see what Newt does with his JB/4.5 :D

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
That's it ... I'm buying an iPhone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I would not do that :)

We just got the I5 for our work phones, the only think I currently like on it is the Notes app (then when and found one for my Rezound) and currently the battery life, just need to charge it up in the morning at work, though I do not task it as much as I do my Rezound. Other then that, I don't think its a better phone for my needs, photo organization being the big killer for me.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Nope never. Good luck with the iPhone 5s+

I'm getting the iPhone 5SS -- SS stands for 'Super Sweet'. It's guaranteed to have that "new iPhone smell" for 2 years. I'm giddy at the thought of having a piece of crap that SMELLS NEW. I love those annual marginal updates, too. So, suck it HTC!

:D

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the iPhone 5SS -- SS stands for 'Super Sweet'. It's guaranteed to have that "new iPhone smell" for 2 years. I'm giddy at the thought of having a piece of crap that SMELLS NEW. I love those annual marginal updates, too. So, suck it HTC!

:D

You could get the Android equivalent. The super droid razr Maxx ultra hd extreme edition 2

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol