Good bye Rezound...bitter sweet

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This is an outstanding group of people. I am going to miss you. I have been a long time HTC user. But have upgraded to the Note2. I hope its flawless ...so far so good.
I won't completely leave in the dust. I would still like to help if needed. Its a good phone. But its the people ....you all are awesome!

Judi

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jude, don't make it bad, take a sad phone and make it better....

Enjoy having more than 5hours of battery life!

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought you weren't eligible till September, did you upgrade early and pay full retail? I'm contemplating that too...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I have 3 lines on my account, and they wouldn't give me a 1 month early upgrade a year ago. How did you get Verizon to give up an upgrade so early?

I guess you no longer have unlimited data?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I have 3 lines on my account, and they wouldn't give me a 1 month early upgrade a year ago. How did you get Verizon to give up an upgrade so early?

I would like to know this too. I tried to upgrade a line like a month early and no one at Verizon would budge and I have four lines and have been with them since the Airtouch days, 1994 to be exact. Then a month later I hear a co-worker on the phone trying to get an early upgrade for her daughter who lost her phone and she got one. This is why I will not "like" the Verizon Facebook page. Verizon has good technical service, but that is about it anymore.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is an outstanding group of people. I am going to miss you. I have been a long time HTC user. But have upgraded to the Note2. I hope its flawless ...so far so good.
I won't completely leave in the dust. I would still like to help if needed. Its a good phone. But its the people ....you all are awesome!

Judi

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

Ok, Judi, tell me ... how does that beast feel in your hand and how about the battery??

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jude, don't make it bad, take a sad phone and make it better....

Enjoy having more than 5hours of battery life!

Wanda ... you are such a good song writer!! :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I never have a problem with early upgrade. I changed to the share everything plan a few months ago. I don't mind it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Judi, tell me ... how does that beast feel in your hand and how about the battery??

- - - Updated - - -

Wanda ... you are such a good song writer!! :)

It feels great! I don't have any problems with it. Battery life is OK. No complaints. Lasts me all day. I love it....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know this too. I tried to upgrade a line like a month early and no one at Verizon would budge and I have four lines and have been with them since the Airtouch days, 1994 to be exact. Then a month later I hear a co-worker on the phone trying to get an early upgrade for her daughter who lost her phone and she got one. This is why I will not "like" the Verizon Facebook page. Verizon has good technical service, but that is about it anymore.

Early upgrade is a major YMMV. Most of the time, if I want something, even if it is rightfully mine or in fact illegal for Verizon to do something, I will have to fight for it. The usual answer I receive at first is, "sorry, can't help you" or something to that regard. If it is something that they wronged you on, keep at it in a firm but calm voice. Usually, these types of calls take an hour or longer. Sooner or later, they will cave.

Of course, if you are asking for an early upgrade, then they aren't required to do so, major ymmv. I was able to get them to push my upgrade 5 months, although this was because of Verizon's illegal bait and switch maneuver. They still didn't want to rectify it at first, i had to keep asking them, and finally, they agreed to follow the law. Not saying that it would apply to you, but just pointing out that they are capable of pushing upgrades 5 months or more, depending on the circumstances.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you expand on this?

I bought the thunderbolt on a one year contract. Something got messed up on Verizons end and order was canceled. I called in to reorder the identical order. Csr messed up and made it a two year contract. I called in to complain, after over an hour on the phone, they finally agreed to let me pay $30 more, the price difference between a one year and two year contract. Fast forward to me ordering the gs3, i couldn't order because my contract end date was changed to one year before, but my upgrade date was not changed. Essentially, even though I completed my one year contract obligation, they wanted me to wait 20 months from original order date to upgrade. I called in ane the csr was apologetic, but said he couldn't do anything about it even though I paid for a one year contract. Hence the illegal bait and switch (pay for a one year contract, but in reality get a two year contract). Anyway, after being firm and being put on hold several times and over an hour on the phone again, verizon finally agreed to honor the one year contract and let me upgrade. Had I not been firm and somewhat pestering, i wouldn't have a gs3 in my hands today.

Also another time, I bought several dumb phones, the order process clearly showed no data plan required. When I get the phone again. Verizon did a bait and switch and tried to force a data plan, saying that there was nothing that he could do, even though I have screen shots showing the no data plan. After about an hour getting no where, i asked to speak to a supervisor, a few minutes later, magically, they let me activate the phones without a data plan. I did order the night before the cut off date requiring those devices to have a data plan, but no where in the order process stated a data plan.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I also went to the Note 2. Wonderful phone. I join two co-workers in my department who also own it. Rezound is my second favorite phone. Rumors are that the Note 3 will be even bigger.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Anything bigger than note 2 would never have my attention. This is big enough

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I too have sadly left the rezound. I will keep the thing forever. It was my first love and other how I molested it. It survived all my rooting stupidity and took performance mods like a champ. Even allowed me to poke it with a wire ;-). But a drop, several cracks, and lots of dental later I now have a gs3. We will see how this cheap busty broad does with my abuse :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2