Good bye Rezound?

unklsckness

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I love my Rezound but, I am also now about fed up with my phone. I guess love hate....lol Mostly because my phone has left me stranded a few times with the battery dieing on me. Now to me battery performance is more important than horsepower. I am aware that the newer phones will be more battery efficient the present models out ie DNA, S3 and Razr Maxx HD. My question is should I wait one or two months to see what is going to come out/ and released or just buy one of the present phones that will get me through a full day? Your suggestions are appreciated!

Sent from a J3d!M?ndTr!ck via Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The DNA does not have much better battery performance. That was just marketing b.s. and blogger fodder. Unfortunately, HTC just seriously has its head up its arse.

The Note 2 sounds like your kind of phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ouzo92

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a rezound and had two batteries, still wasn't enough. Abysmal battery life. Made the switch to the S3, I actually use my phone more now and one battery is more than sufficient. I do miss a couple of the "touches" that HTC has but not enough to make me want to go back. Samsung makes a helluva phone. Doesn't directly answer your question but perhaps some food for thought.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also switched from HTC to Samsung. I have the Note2. Love it..battery life is amazing but it also depends on the user. I am very pleased with the Note2 in every aspect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just made the switch to samsung galaxy note 2 as well I enjoyed the rezound but I couldn't deal with all the issues I was having I'm glad I made the switch I'm loving this phone :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Maxx hd would get the best battery life. With that said, my s3 got about the same battery life as my extended battery rezound. My note2 gets better battery life than my s3, but I imagine that the Maxx hd should get better battery life than the note2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
This is my last HTC. Will keep it as my global option.

The Note 2 just needs a better screen resolution. I hope the Note 3 is full HD.

Still hoping devs cook up a really good JB ROM for this Rez.

MJO612

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am switching to the razr. I have had nothing but problems with the rezound. I am not up for an upgrade til December but they are switching it out with the Razr. My husband hasn't had any problems with the razr so I went with that. When they asked what has gone wrong, I didn't even know where to start. Two weeks after I got the phone last April it kept crashing, they sent me a replacement and that one wouldn't even connect to verizon. I am on my 3rd and have had nothing but problems with it. The screens just start rotating on their own, the clock stops, when you go to text it goes to a black screen, you push one icon and get another. I can go on and on. good luck. the only thing I will miss is the screen picture is better on teh rezound then the razr in my opinion.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I found someone who was willing to trade me my rezound for their razr maxx and I jumped on it. I could not even make it through a day on the rezound even with the huge ugly extended battery. Now I can make it through 2 days on my maxx using it a ton more. The rez was fine, but it was a little laggy and the battery was the worst. I feel such a sense of freedom knowing that I can use the crap out of my phone and not worry about it dying on me.
The one thing I do miss from the rez is the camera. This camera is not nearly as quick or as high quality as the rez was.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I also switched from HTC to Samsung. I have the Note2. Love it..battery life is amazing but it also depends on the user. I am very pleased with the Note2 in every aspect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

A friend of mine picked up the note 2 as well a number of weeks ago, its the first thing he said he loved about it, it has great battery life.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine picked up the note 2 as well a number of weeks ago, its the first thing he said he loved about it, it has great battery life.

The battery life on the note 2 is great, even better than my gs3 battery life which was was way better than my Rezound. I picked up the note 2 for $37 and have no regrets. If phone size is an issue, just get the gs3

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on the note 2 is great, even better than my gs3 battery life which was was way better than my Rezound. I picked up the note 2 for $37 and have no regrets. If phone size is an issue, just get the gs3

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

37$ WHERE!!!!!!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Got it from best buy with price-matching, and error on best buys part. Even though my deal would be hard to replicate, you could still pm sams club and get it for $100, plus $50gc, if you signed up for it a while ago

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=255363

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

That's a contract price where Verizon takes away unlimited?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's a contract price where Verizon takes away unlimited?

This was on a dumb phone line, which was transferred to my line after upgrade. If you had unlimited data on the upgraded line , you would lose it.
I
If you want to keep unlimited data, start a new line of service, then etf, for $450 total. Still cheaper than $700 full retail.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
This was on a dumb phone line, which was transferred to my line after upgrade. If you had unlimited data on the upgraded line , you would lose it.
I
If you want to keep unlimited data, start a new line of service, then etf, for $450 total. Still cheaper than $700 full retail.

Ah, I did the same thing to help a family member out last month. I'm not ETF'ing it, though. I pay less just keeping the line for 2 years.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I did the same thing to help a family member out last month. I'm not ETF'ing it, though. I pay less just keeping the line for 2 years.

It could be cheaper depending on your taxes, to put a dumb phone on the line, but not by a huge amount.