New Battery/Heat Problem

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This week my Rezound (Stock, Nova Launcher, extended battery) started getting hot and running through the battery like crazy. Typically I can get through a day with at least 40% battery life left, but not in the last 3 days. No change in my usage. Just now, after no use at all for about 2 hours, the temp was 114.

I have tried re-starts and a battery pull. Any ideas for what I should try?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This week my Rezound (Stock, Nova Launcher, extended battery) started getting hot and running through the battery like crazy. Typically I can get through a day with at least 40% battery life left, but not in the last 3 days. No change in my usage. Just now, after no use at all for about 2 hours, the temp was 114.

I have tried re-starts and a battery pull. Any ideas for what I should try?
Install GSAM and use the AppSucker to see what is using the power... this is usually caused by a run-away app holding the wakelock, although sometimes it is hardware, but if it is doing it that quick in a couple hours you should know if its an app and which one.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, look at the phone signal in gsam, I noticed a weak signal will drain batteries fast.

You can also try to clear cache, sometimes it helps.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
How old is the battery? From what I have read these batteries don't go slowly, they all of a sudden plunge.

bserey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact same thing happen but it was soon after i had flashed the global leak. used GSAM and found that it was the android system and the kernal using the battery, tried to go back to a previous leak to no avail (can't go backwards it seems). Tried re-flashing the global again and did 2 factory resets, same results, bad battery life. So I gave up and purchased a wall charger with 2 Laza batteries from Amazon for 20 bucks and now just swap when needed and don't even worry about it. It still bugs me though to not know what has happened. Soon though I plan on working up the nerve and rooting and trying a different rom to see if that helps. Hope it all works out for you and if so post here because I am curious as to what happened to mine also.

Cheers,
Bryon

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. The battery is only a few months old. Interestingly, over the past 2 days it seems to be working "normally" again. What percent usage should the kernel be using? Mine is 23%. One thing I have tried is to turn off WiFi, though I have no idea if this has helped. I always thought that less power was used on WiFi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12