So the Thunderbolt is getting 4.0.4

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't bother me at all actually... there isn't really any difference between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4, and it only got Sense 3.6 so really who cares, the Thunderbolt is still a dog by comparison.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Now the Rezound is running older software than the Thunderbolt. Ridiculous.

Root it and you won't have that problem. I've run Jelly Bean on mine for two weeks now. And prior to that I had Sense 4.0 running since July.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They are both API 15. Not much difference between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.

The rezound is a better phone in every aspect. Nothing to be jealous about. Horrible radio, lower resolution by far, slower...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I've done some research, and i haven't seen a no yet.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

The reason I asked is because I was talking to a global support rep at VZW the other night (related to another line). I asked when the Rez was going to finally get its global update. After 'researching' it, he came back and said that update was part of the update to Jelly Bean. Nowwwwwwwww, we all know these VZW reps either don't know chit or are straight up bs'ing us, but I hadn't heard anyone else hint at a JB update for the Rez.

I doubt it considering the Rez is already at the end of life stage.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Wanda, I'm going to Root mine this coming weekend. What are you using? Any issues with it?

I just restored my nand of ViperREZ after giving Newt's ICS/JB hybrid a run for the past two days. Its a good ROM (the hybrid one) with only a few minor issues. I came back to the other because I'm about to hit the road for 4 days and I need the proven reliability of my trusty old ViperREZ.

I've also run just about all of Neo's AOSP/AOKP JB based roms (and theres a lot of them) and in my opinion his TRON is a very solid JB based AOSP rom. If this is you're first time coming from stock ICS with Sense 3.6 I'd say start with ViperREZ. Its going to be a lot more familiar to you being that it's Sensed 4 based. Its also rock solid and is VERY customizable through the Venom HUB and Venom Tweaks. If you're feeling really sporty I'd definitly try TRON but I did notice that AOSP roms always seem to partition (not sure if thats the right term for it) my SD card differently. What I mean is, my titanium backups that are on my external SD didn't restore, I had to copy them to the internal SD to get it to work right...and the way it "orginizes" photo's is mildly annoying to me as well. Just minor stuff though. Go ahead and dive in! After you've made a Nandroid backup of course.

Can't wait for my wife's Thunderbolt to get ICS; still digging my Rezound... even with the Quasimodo hump from the 2750 battery. :p

I'm about two steps from joining you on the Quasimodo tip. Today I was down to 9% by 1530, though I did come off charger at 0545.

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Wanda, so far Viperrez is my favorite. I had similar troubles with the aosp roms and restoring backups. I also dislike the aosp Google search, the sense search launcher is better Imo.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Do the camera & camcorder work in ViperRez? Is there a free hotspot feature?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Do the camera & camcorder work in ViperRez? Is there a free hotspot feature?

Camera and camcorder both work great. I'm not sure about the hot spot but I'd guess it does. Haven't read anything about it not working and I've been on ViperREZ the majority of the time since late July. It's really one of the best ICS SENSE 4 based Roms out there. Nils Business ICS (sense 4) being the other.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm about two steps from joining you on the Quasimodo tip. Today I was down to 9% by 1530, though I did come off charger at 0545.

Not gonna lie, adds some heft to the phone... however, 2750 mAh battery is like the friggin' Terminator: UNKILLABLE. battery & case $45 on Amazon.

31Kywo2P4CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A0TP_HTCREZOUNDEXTBATTCOMBO_129672516369631959HScYBQVky5.jpg

Additional bonus: One-hitter Quitter Crime Deterrent

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not gonna lie, adds some heft to the phone... however, 2750 mAh battery is like the friggin' Terminator: UNKILLABLE. battery & case $45 on Amazon.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Kywo2P4CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIm...EXTBATTCOMBO_129672516369631959HScYBQVky5.jpg

Additional bonus: One-hitter Quitter Crime Deterrent
Sprint- Guy Throws a phone at another guy in a locker room! - YouTube

HILARIOUS!! I love how he nails him the second time! Too bad I can't see myself ever moving to sprint though lol.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about that one, our new Iphone5s are only 3g here in Washington. :(

Bellingham, WA here (well, for a couple more months, anyway) -- 4G very recently came online... still very spotty -- hit or miss around town. Rocks in San Diego!

@Wanda: wasn't advocating for Sprint... the 'Anti Crime Deterrent' makes me laugh.