small update coming soon the HTC REZOUND ...maybe...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So your personal one with the global software got the update?
No, I had to get a replacement unit from Asurion a few months ago, never put the Global Mode ROM back in so it is still stock as well, sorry, the notes in my sig are alittle dated.

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had several random reboots since the update also. These were not reboots like when you select the option, but actual battery pull type reboots. I have also noticed applications launching that I did not select, but that could just be bumping the phone. Anyone else seeing this?

ran347

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a little trouble with the update.

Phone info:
HTC Rezound stock ICS (rooted to remove htclinkifydispatcher)
CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0

Downloaded and tried to apply the update. The phone reboots and starts to apply the update. I then get the following in CWM Recovery:

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.1.0
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed.

The menu displays:
Install Untrusted Package?
THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE

If I select "Yes - Install untrusted zip," I get the following:
Installing update...
assert failed: check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" , etc. , "99999999" , "VZW__001") == "t"
E:Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I wiped the cache partition and dalvik cache twice and tried again with the same results.
Does anyone know what is going wrong? Could it have anything to do with my buildprop edit to remove htclinkifydispatcher? Would Toggle Signature Verification in CWM do anything or would that be a very bad idea?

Last edited:

ran347

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I checked and Toggle Signature Verification in CWM is disabled. I tried downloading the update and then copying it to the SD card and ran it from there but it also fails. Curious. Any help is appreciated.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a little trouble with the update.

Phone info:
HTC Rezound stock ICS (rooted to remove htclinkifydispatcher)
CWM Recovery 6.0.1.0

Downloaded and tried to apply the update. The phone reboots and starts to apply the update. I then get the following in CWM Recovery:

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.1.0
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed.

The menu displays:
Install Untrusted Package?
THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE

If I select "Yes - Install untrusted zip," I get the following:
Installing update...
assert failed: check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" , etc. , "99999999" , "VZW__001") == "t"
E:Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I wiped the cache partition and dalvik cache twice and tried again with the same results.
Does anyone know what is going wrong? Could it have anything to do with my buildprop edit to remove htclinkifydispatcher? Would Toggle Signature Verification in CWM do anything or would that be a very bad idea?
It sounds like it is looking for a file (or content of a file) on the phone as part of it's validation sequence and it can't find it, so it is failing, probably a file called "ro.cid" is either missing or does not contain the information it expects so it fails. I am vaguely familar with this issue from helping a friend with an Incredible (exact same error message) a year or so ago, and it seems to me we wound up having to relock, install the stock OS from an RUU, then update, then unlock and re-root again. If you Google "ro.cid" you will find several threads regarding this issue with rooted HTC devices and updates.

ran347

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the information on ro.cid. I suppose I'll ignore this patch for now and wait to see if another update comes out in the coming weeks (if this is indeed a pre patch for the Global functionality). I may relock, etc. at that point. Once again, thanks.

gripit

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the update today and also was rebooted to TWRP. I just reflashed supersu and then rebooted normally.
Don't know what the update did, though. So far nothing seems different.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Hmmmm
Apparently the update did not install. I did see the info box this morning informing me an update would install in so many seconds. I let it do that. My phone did boot to TWRP afterwards. BUT...I just checked settings, software update, and the "status" option shows the update; the pop up box displays
Name:ADR6425LVW_3.14.605.13-3.14.605.12 (Isn't this both software #s? New: 605.13 & Old: 605.12?)
nothing after "Status", and Code: 0
It is dated 02/23/13
Time: 01:25AM

When I check "About Phone" and software info, the software number is still 3.14.605.12 710rd.

My bootloader is unlocked and I'm rooted, but I'm still S-on; that shouldn't affect the update, should it? Or should I not worry about it and just be happy?

Last edited:

Chris Mandala

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem ... still haven't been able to figure it out yet and I'm still getting the unsolicited reboots into recovery without the update actually installing. Took it to verizon but they were obviously ZERO help. Anyone have suggestions?

Chris Mandala

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I got the update today and also was rebooted to TWRP. I just reflashed supersu and then rebooted normally.
Don't know what the update did, though. So far nothing seems different.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Hmmmm
Apparently the update did not install. I did see the info box this morning informing me an update would install in so many seconds. I let it do that. My phone did boot to TWRP afterwards. BUT...I just checked settings, software update, and the "status" option shows the update; the pop up box displays
Name:ADR6425LVW_3.14.605.13-3.14.605.12 (Isn't this both software #s? New: 605.13 & Old: 605.12?)
nothing after "Status", and Code: 0
It is dated 02/23/13
Time: 01:25AM

When I check "About Phone" and software info, the software number is still 3.14.605.12 710rd.

My bootloader is unlocked and I'm rooted, but I'm still S-on; that shouldn't affect the update, should it? Or should I not worry about it and just be happy?

I'm having the exact same problem ... still haven't been able to figure it out yet and I'm still getting the unsolicited reboots into recovery without the update actually installing. Took it to verizon but they were obviously ZERO help. Anyone have suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital