small update coming soon the HTC REZOUND ...maybe...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough ... what's the best way to go?
I will repost my mini-tutorial on Factory Defaulting...

I am going to assume you are NOT rooted...

1. (Optional) Use a utility like MyBackup Pro to backup all data (this is a safeguard, do NOT restore from this unless absolutely necessary)
2. Go into Message app and press MENU and select Back up SMS, then save all messages to a file (note the filename)
3. Plug the USB into a PC, go into Storage mode, and copy everything from both drives that appear in Windows to a spare directory.
4. Backup contacts, if you are using any "Phone" contacts, use VZW Backup, if they are all Goggle contacts you can skip this step. (Facebook and Exchange contacts are held on the server, no need to backup) (EDIT: in latest firmware you can MOVE contacts from Phone to Google in People!!!)
5. Take screen shots of all home screens, and the application launcher screens
6. Make sure you have all usernames, password, WiFi codes, etc., for all accounts and WiFi networks you have in the device
7. Go into Settings-Apps-All and note which apps you have disabled

Once you have everything you think you need, do a Factory Reset via the menus, then once it completes and you are back at the setup screen, power off, remove and reinstall the battery, and power up holding VOL DOWN+POWER to go into HBOOT, then perform the Factory Reset from there as well. The phone will reboot to the setup screen, go through that.

Google contacts should restore automatically, or use VZW Backup to restore contacts, then once all contacts are back you can restore the Message backup (might have to copy the backup file back to it's original location). If you want to disable apps, best to do them at this step. Setup you local WiFi and any additional accounts if you need to. Then start Play Store twice, pausing about a minute or two between, on the second start load all updates. Now go to Google and the Play Store your computer and select "My AndroidApps", and click on the "Verizon HTC ADR6425LVW" icon, from that point you can see the apps you have for that device and other apps in your library, select Install for the ones you want and they will be pushed out to the phone and install. Once that is all done run each app at least once to finish it's setup (this is important, some apps will hold the WakeLock until their setup is complete, draining the battery quickly if you don't finish the setup). Now just change home screens and such as needed and tweak.

With a little practice, this entire procedure can be done in under 30 minutes, depending on your connection speed, number of apps to install, and amount of tweaking needed.

If you are doing anything "weird", like POP3 mail accounts, you might have to back those up separately if they are not stored on the server.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you wanted to you could go back to the previous RUU and not accept the update and see if it stops... If it does obviously the update is causing problems that might not have exsisted before
True, but if you are going to go that far consider going to the 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU on Android Police's website, it is solid and stable and newer than the "update" we just got. Only bad part is you can't go back to a previous version without going S-OFF, not a procedure to be taken lightly by everyone.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
True, but if you are going to go that far consider going to the 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU on Android Police's website, it is solid and stable and newer than the "update" we just got. Only bad part is you can't go back to a previous version without going S-OFF, not a procedure to be taken lightly by everyone.

605.2 is stable but does have issues. I shut my Rezound down but will keep it to see if JB comes out for it. If it does it would need a version up from this global or it will just stay shut off.

gripit

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like it is looking for a file (or content of a file) on the phone as part of it's validation sequence and it can't find it, so it is failing, probably a file called "ro.cid" is either missing or does not contain the information it expects so it fails. I am vaguely familar with this issue from helping a friend with an Incredible (exact same error message) a year or so ago, and it seems to me we wound up having to relock, install the stock OS from an RUU, then update, then unlock and re-root again. If you Google "ro.cid" you will find several threads regarding this issue with rooted HTC devices and updates.

I finally figured out that's what is happening on my rezound also. The update fails because of "ro.cid". I googled "ro.cid" but didn't get much information. This thread was one of the top results generated. If the update is for global enhancements I don't need it anyway.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Please I need your help I want to upgade my phone to the Android 4.1 or any newer version how do i do that
There is no stock, factory version beyond ICS 4.0... BUT there are some really great custom ROMs that can be flashed that will give you Android 4.2.2 or 4.3, and probably very soon 4.4 as well. The developer community for the Rezound is very strong and has several high quality porters/coders that are constantly giving us custom options for the Rezzy.

I recommend doing some research here, you will need to unlock your phone's bootloader via HTCdev.com (possibly S-OFF is you wish), flash in TWRP or CWM Recovery, and install a custom ROM like: CarbonROM, Tachyon, Talon, CyanogenMod 10.1 or 10.2, PAC-Man, LiquidSmooth, etc... there are litteraly dozens of custom ROMs available for the Rezound.

The instructions are out there, here and on most Android forum sites, in fact Mr. Smith's guide in the rooting section on this site is an excellent guide, although slightly dated (Amon Ra is no longer recommended recovery, TWRP 2.6.3.0 can just be replaced in all steps in the list).

Just do a little homework and don't be afraid to ask questions, most of the forums except XDA are pretty quiet for the Rezound, but people still watch them and will be glad to assist. The Rezound forum on XDA is very busy, dozens of posts every day, and that is where most of the developers post there stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol