Bluetooth (Rii) keyboard: alphanumerics stopped working

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've been using a Rii Bluetooth keyboard (this model) with my Rezound for the past few months. Today, my phone suddenly stopped responding to the majority of the keys on this keyboard: the touchpad and arrow keys worked as they normally do, along with a few of the other keys (spacebar, backspace), but none of the alphanumeric keys would type a character when I pressed them.

The phone still responded to at least three of the alphanumeric keys on the Bluetooth keyboard, but not for typing characters: when I typed "e" or "g", the GMail app opened, and when I typed "m", the GoogleMaps app opened.

I don't know if this issue was caused by some sort of accidental change I made to the settings, but I tried to fix the issue by switching the Bluetooth keyboard on and off, as well as the Bluetooth transmitter on the keyboard. This made no difference. Then, I restarted the phone itself, and it started responding normally again to the alphanumeric keys.

Has anyone experienced this issue with a Bluetooth keyboard before? Do you know of any way to rectify it without restarting the phone?

Thanks

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've been using a Rii Bluetooth keyboard (this model) with my Rezound for the past few months. Today, my phone suddenly stopped responding to the majority of the keys on this keyboard: the touchpad and arrow keys worked as they normally do, along with a few of the other keys (spacebar, backspace), but none of the alphanumeric keys would type a character when I pressed them.

The phone still responded to at least three of the alphanumeric keys on the Bluetooth keyboard, but not for typing characters: when I typed "e" or "g", the GMail app opened, and when I typed "m", the GoogleMaps app opened.

I don't know if this issue was caused by some sort of accidental change I made to the settings, but I tried to fix the issue by switching the Bluetooth keyboard on and off, as well as the Bluetooth transmitter on the keyboard. This made no difference. Then, I restarted the phone itself, and it started responding normally again to the alphanumeric keys.

Has anyone experienced this issue with a Bluetooth keyboard before? Do you know of any way to rectify it without restarting the phone?

Thanks
This sounds like a keyboard issue and not a BlueTooth or Rezound issue. I would try to sync it to a laptop or tablet with Bluetooth and see if the same issues occur... if they do then the keyboard has become defective somehow, if it works properly then I would delete and resych it to the Rezound and if all else fails factory default and try again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol