Calendar app -- changing one occurrence of a series

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've been having a problem with the native "Calendar" app on the Rezound.

When I've put a recurring (daily/weekly/etc.) appointment on the calendar, I don't see any option for changing just *one* occurrence in the series. When I try to do this, I get a prompt with a single option: "Change all occurrences". No option appears for changing just the occurrence that I clicked on, and I can't "cancel" out of selecting "change all occurrences" without cancelling out of the appointment entirely. I can either select the one option it gives me -- and thereby commit to changing all the occurrences in the series -- or I do nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,
G.

Last edited:

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't say how you are syncing your calendar but when I was using OneMediaHub to do syncing I had a slightly different issue but I could not change just the current one. Once I switched to syncing with Gmail the problem went away.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know anything about sycing with other calendars, but l am able to change only one event. In fact it asks me before I even make the change if I will be changing only this event, all events, or this and all future events.
Ah-ha, I think I have figured out what your issue is. While trying to recreate your problem I was able to see all three options when changing a long standing event I've had, but all of my events include addresses and other personal info, so I made up a generic event to screen shot and include in this post. What I found is if the first instance of the event hasn't happened, meaning if you make an event and immediately go in to edit one of the future occurrences it only gives you two options as you see below. However for any event I've set up that I has at least one occurrence that has past I get all three options. I went calendar month view>day of the event>the event>edit. You can try going back a day/week/month whatever and make an event there and see if it will then allow you to edit single events. I did not try this, but if Google calendar will allow you to make post dated events this should work, and allow you to edit as you're asking.

Attachments

• 2013-03-20_08-15-29.png
    2013-03-20_08-15-29.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2013-03-20_08-14-56.png
    2013-03-20_08-14-56.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 11

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, when I get to the second screen you showed me, the only option available is "Change all events in the series". I don't even get the second option of "Change this and all future events". This happens even when many instances of a series have already passed -- does it make a difference how (or whether) you dismiss the first occurrence in the series?

I suspect that my calendar app has bugs in it, because this isn't the only odd thing that it does. It wouldn't be the only in-built app on the Rezound that has bugs: I stopped using the default "E-Mail" app shortly after I got the phone because it was withholding and delaying the delivery of messages.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about sycing with other calendars, but l am able to change only one event. In fact it asks me before I even make the change if I will be changing only this event, all events, or this and all future events.
Ah-ha, I think I have figured out what your issue is. While trying to recreate your problem I was able to see all three options when changing a long standing event I've had, but all of my events include addresses and other personal info, so I made up a generic event to screen shot and include in this post. What I found is if the first instance of the event hasn't happened, meaning if you make an event and immediately go in to edit one of the future occurrences it only gives you two options as you see below. However for any event I've set up that I has at least one occurrence that has past I get all three options. I went calendar month view>day of the event>the event>edit. You can try going back a day/week/month whatever and make an event there and see if it will then allow you to edit single events. I did not try this, but if Google calendar will allow you to make post dated events this should work, and allow you to edit as you're asking.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe your app is a little buggy because I went in to look around and see if there was something I missed or some difference that would result in what you're saying. I found two things. One my first occurrence its the 26th in the screen shot, next Tuesday because I didn't try to post date an event. When I try to edit that one I get the two options down in the second screen shot, but when I go out to the 2nd of next month, the second event, I get all three options that I described in my post. Just for s&g try going out, if you haven't our aren't, two or three events from the upcoming one and see what options that gives you. I don't know what difference it could possibly make but I get distant options when it seems like regardless one should get all the of those options regardless of when a repeating event occurs that one would want to edit. . Then post back. If it's fixable hopefully we'll figure out something.

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried going three events forward (I went to the June occurrence of a monthly event), but it made no difference: "change all occurrences" was the only option that came up.

In trying to do this, I noticed that there's no obvious way to "flip" from month to month on this calendar app: if I go to "month" view and swipe to the left, the app doesn't even respond. Is your version the same way?

I'm also curious, is there a place online where you can re-download the native apps on the Rezound ("Internet", "Calendar", "E-mail" etc.)? A quick search on Google Play for "Rezound calendar" didn't find anything, at least not right away.

Thanks again,
G.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's up and down for month changes. And I find it very curious that the jumping ahead didn't work for you, when it comes to updating events. OK let me ask this, are you creating the events in the calendar on the phone? It sounds like you are, but I'm just asking thinking that importing an event may alter the options when editing if there are two apps trying to sync with each other. Are you linked to your calendar with an app/program that syncs your events other then something from Google? Again thinking that maybe there is a conflict. As for your question about installing native apps I tried to do a quick Google and didn't see anything right away, but I didn't have a lot of time to refine my search or really dig in, but I would suggest going to XDA because those guys are all about rooting, ROMing, and the like. I know I've seen mention of such things, where someone accidentally deleted something while rooting and needed an APK to get it back. They are out there I'm just can't tell you where sitting here right now. XDA is the place to start. You may even consider posting your thread there? Hopefully you will have time to look at this before I have another opportunity to log on. I'll try to do some screen shots of my settings pages so you can compare mine to yours. Maybe it's a setting. I have before changed something I thought was incidental and it turned out to be an Achilles heel with results I hadn't intended. Perhaps this is the same for you. Maybe you changed some setting thinking it wasn't important or that it wouldn't matter and now it's taking away your other options??? Keep posting and I'll keep thinking.

Update: I looked at the settings for the calendar and there really isn't much to it. At least nothing that looks like it would or could affect how it handles calendar events. I was really hoping for something with that.

Anyway, if you Google "Google calendar app android APK" with or without the word "download" several sites pop up. A couple of them are the usual jump through hoops ones, where if you visit this site or that site or buy this thing/app/service you can download at 25X the speed and unlimited for the next 24 hours, blah blah blah, and for that reason I didn't include a link to any of them to allow you to make your own decision about whom to trust. There are several places that offer the APK, or at least that's what they say. You can always Google the site to see if there are any complaints about them as well. Just something to think about. I was hoping that Google would have been at the top of the list, but no such luck in my search. Your searches may very. I'm on a dumbed down PC that has just about everything and its brother blocked, so you may have different results on a more open network PC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12