Rezound dead, thinking of selling. What about data on phone?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So a while back my Rezound died without warning. After browsing Craigslist and eBay for replacements, I've learned you can get good money for "not working" phones. Question though. Since I wasn't able to factory reset, how worried should I be about any data on the phone (assuming someone fixed it)? Should it be as simple as changing passwords on things like my google account, Dropbox, etc? Of course there will be some pictures and videos on the phone storage I can do nothing about, but it's mostly of my kids. Thoughts? Anyone else done this have any advice? Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I would think that is a given.. Change your passwords to anything that maybe left behind on your device...

Otherwise if the device is left unresponsive there probably isn't anything you can do with data sitting on the device.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are interested, I am selling a Rezound in like new condition for $225 shipped, including many, many accessories. It's in the marketplace.

But if you are not interested and still looking for a different sort of phone, will your computer recognize your Rezound? If it's completely dead, maybe not but you would still have all data that is backed either to your SD card or in Google cloud, like contacts, etc. As far as accounts change all passwords--were your pictures saving to the phone or to your SD? If on SD, of course they would not be there without it, so hopefully no one would be able to get much...

Best of luck, whatever you decide!

ETA-looks like you aren't looking for a new Rezound, so disregard first paragraph! :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci