Motorola Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard - how to pair with the HTC Rezound

Mool Tittle

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello -

Just received my Motorola Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard from Newegg today, and am very impressed with the quality, and it paired with my Win7 laptop without an issue, but I was seriously upset that I couldn't get it to pair with my Verizon HTC Rezound.
When I tried to pair the keyboard, the phone would flash the PIN number on the screen, and then almost instantly give me an error: "couldn't pair with motorola bluetooth wireless keyboard because PIN was incorrect" - without allowing me any time to type the code.
Another post on this forum pointed me in the right direction, but it was very vague, so here is the detailed fix (might work with other Android devices):

Turn the keyboard OFF.
Put your phone in Bluetooth discovery mode.
Hold down the V-A-R letter keys while turning the keyboard ON. Continue to hold down the V-A-R keys - do not let up!
Now you will get the same message on your phone with the PIN to enter to make it pair, but it won't disappear instantly.
With your other hand, (don't let go of V-A-R!) type in the 4-digit PIN and hit ENTER. The keyboard should pair, and off you go.
So long as you don't explicitly delete the keyboard from your phone's pairing list, you should only need to do this *once* - just turn the keyboard on and press any key and it will automatically connect to the phone from then on.
Yes, it's absolutely ridiculous that Google/Motorola/Verizon can't get their acts together and make it work without having to use two hands and do the hokey-pokey at the same time to get it to pair, but I'm absolutely thrilled that I got it to work. Once you get it paired, it works perfectly with the Rezound - very responsive, and I haven't found any key-mapping issues, other than, ironically, the four Android-specific keys (Home, Back, Search, and Menu) don't work. :confused:

I hope this helps someone else.
MT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34