Tried to install newest update, ended up with a paper weight.

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so long story short, I got fed up with the latest update (4.05.605.14) downloading onto my phone and then failing every time it tried to install itself. Deferring didn't work and it would do it about 5 times a day. So I decided to try and manually install it. That was a mistake. I ended up with a phone that wouldn't boot past the 4G LTE screen. I have searched the forums all day and tried everything I could, including trying to install the 3.14.605.12 RUU to take me back to stock. Even locked I can't get it to flash. It checks the PH98IMG.zip but when it installs it fails and says that the "Main Version is older!" So at this point I'm lost. If any of you have any ideas and can help me get my phone back it would be so great.

Thanks in advance.

S-On
HBOOT: 2.28.0000
Radio: 2.2310.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
Recovery Amon Ra 3.14

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
When mine said my version was older, I ok d it. Let it load the older version. Then let it do updates from there.
One of those, two steps back, three steps forward things.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It never gave me the option to do that. It just said push power to reboot.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with the MainVer Error. Followed these instructions MainVer Error over on XDA. Appears to have resolved my issue with the update. But my phone would boot with no issue, just would not complete the Update process. Hold this helps...

Last edited:

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link! I'll have to look through it all and see if there's any instructions to do it through the boot loader since my phone won't boot. Too bad I'm not home to try it now :(

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just posted what I did to get back to stock, update, reroot.
In one of the threads, trouble getting update....
Is probably not as detailed as it should be, but if you read enough in here, the answers are there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I think I saw the thread you're talking about before you posted that. I'll try too find out again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You will probably need to S-OFF and install the RUU, then it will prompt you to go past that "Main Version Older" warning. In your current state, for whatever reason, you will probably just need to install the Global Leak (4.3.605.2) from last year to get back up and running until a newer RUU comes out.

Of course, since you are rooted/Amon Ra, why not just go AOSP ROMs and give your phone a new lease on life? Rezound Original Android Development - xda-developers

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thinking I should. Any recommendations?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
I would go Tron or Infection, anything by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo actually... Unofficial CM10.1 if you want to switch to TWRP (only way OTAs are supported). EclipticRez or any Nils ROM ifyou prefer Sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance