Insufficient Storage Available

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i got an sd with 32 gb, but when i try to download any apps it still say that there is insufficient storage available. what do i doo??
External storage, meaning your sd card, has nothing to do with apps. You need to clear out some space on the internal memory. Unless you have a ton of games or several hundred apps installed, then something is misbehaving and filling your space. If you are rooted try wiping cache and Dalvik, otherwise your best bet is to probably to factory default and add things back in manually (do not backup/restore apps or allow the Play Store to auto-restore your apps).

Silverwizard

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem despite moving all possible apps to sd,in desperation I started clearing data from the apps,
it was when I cleared Amazon almost 740mb of data suddenly became available!!
I now clear the data regularly from this app & have had no further problems.

jackchat

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I found a fix.
This friggen problem has been plaguing me for months on my Galaxy Note.
The Note has 2GB of untouchable system storage (unless youare rooted), and I was constantly at 1.9GB. Every update would respond with insufficient storage available.
Therefore I would clear all caches, delete each large apps data, uninstall updates, and this would give me enough space to squeeze in another update. Maps, google search, facebook where the biggest hogs.
This solution removed enough logging crap to give me back over 600MB of storage and suddenly all my ubdates started downloading and installing with space to boot.
Solution.
Using the phone keypad, Dial *#9900#
Then select the menu item "Delete dumpstate/logcat"
Now enjoy your new phone. And all works as normal, nothing deleted.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem despite moving all possible apps to sd,in desperation I started clearing data from the apps,
it was when I cleared Amazon almost 740mb of data suddenly became available!!
I now clear the data regularly from this app & have had no further problems.
The Amazon shopping app?!?! Wow... I use Amazon all the time and I just looked, it is using 16MB (9MB for app&data, and 7MB for cache). Cleared data and the gain corresponded with that.

ac_al

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Jackchat, I owe you a beer! Make that several cases of beer!!! Seriously, thank you very much for your post. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (stock) and have tried pretty much all of the suggestions offered on this site and others. The end result was that it would help for a day or a week, but then I'd be back to that same dreaded error message. Your suggestion cleared up over 650 MB on my phone and finally solved the issue.
Al

Melanie Purcell

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much jackchat!!! I tried all the other solutions. Bought a 16gb memory card, moved apps to it, cleared caches, deleted apps....everything. It was driving me nuts!!! Now i can actually re-install some of the apps I deleted.....Thank you again!!!!

I found a fix.
The Note has 2GB of untouchable system storage (unless youare rooted), and I was constantly at 1.9GB. Every update would respond with insufficient storage available.
Therefore I would clear all caches, delete each large apps data, uninstall updates, and this would give me enough space to squeeze in another update. Maps, google search, facebook where the biggest hogs.
This solution removed enough logging crap to give me back over 600MB of storage and suddenly all my ubdates started downloading and installing with space to boot.
Solution.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a micro sd card, however it still says low on space...even though i got 32 GB:(
Of course it still says you are low on space, all you did was make the external sd card larger, that isn't used by the system for "storage" space... clear out some of the data on the INTERNAL storage or remove some applications.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I found a fix.
Solution.

Wouldn't dial.

RoadieTurbo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
You can go into each app and if the app writer wrote the option into the app, you can move the app to your external sd card. I am must a geek who has so many even this doesn't help me.
Go to Settings > Apps > Select an App > Select move to phone storage.
If you want to move the app back to the phone internal storage you do the same and select "move to phone" on the last step.
yeah... that's great and all but how's that going to help when they have removed that little feature from most if not all the latest phones??

Last edited:

Stuart Blint

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this will work for you, but I got off Google Play a little app to clean memory... from that I cleaned out my old telephone call history and old SMS messages. WORKED A TREAT.
Now enough memory to install my update, how long for I don't know, as I get older I find my memory is diminishing, what was I saying.....:D

Shawna P

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
After much internet searching and frustration, I discovered a solution that actually worked for me. The cache cleaning thing didn't work, so I kept reading and learned that android portions out the memory so you can have plenty of space, but if one area is full, you can get the insufficient memory rejection. So I downloaded a file manager app that let me see and open the files on my tablet and discovered that in the Android file folder many of the apps I had tried and uninstalled had left folders and files behind. 1 game I had deleted had really left most of the game there. They started with com. and had the name of the app in the folder name. I deleted those and suddenly had another gb in free space and my new apps would install. Later I got the message again and went back in and found another couple of folders, deleted those, and was able to another app I wanted. I hope this helps people who were as frustrated as I was!

AlexRiley088

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey i alos have this problem i have a motorola moto e with 4gb internal storage and a 32gb sd card and im not rooted, but when ever i try to download a app/game it say insufficient storage somehow I need to find a way to change the default download location because nothing saves to my sd card. Please someone help me.

rrranter98

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.. Only that my phone is as good as new and nothing can be downloaded at all. When I tried download apps on playstore it say I have insufficient storage space available
available. Thing is there is 445mb internal storage space available. I have a Sony m2. Help me please. I have absolutely nothing downloaded on my phone which is why I say it's as good as new I tried resetting the phone as well but it doesn't solve the problem.

Kensipete

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Wow thanks LOHucks! Not a very technical answer, but after succesfully installing another small app, I was then able to go back and install the problem app. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar