HTC Sense has stopped unexpectedly

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thank you. See my post above for where you can fwd the log.

I'm also rooted (ironically I was motivated to do so because of this issue) and will attempt to capture a log as well. I'm on-board with helping resolve this issue and I am also glad to see the Key Ring development crew involved in this thread. I was actually looking forward to using the new Shopping Lists feature before I ran into this issue...

chaozeuz

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I also have issues with my rezound. For some reason, my dialer and phone icons are gone and I cannot restore it. I can see it on my apps list in settings but not in the apps section. My contact list disappeared and I cannot view the numbers when I have a missed call. I now have 38 missed calls and don't know who they are. Hope someone here can help me with this. Thanks.

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I also have issues with my rezound. For some reason, my dialer and phone icons are gone and I cannot restore it. I can see it on my apps list in settings but not in the apps section. My contact list disappeared and I cannot view the numbers when I have a missed call. I now have 38 missed calls and don't know who they are. Hope someone here can help me with this. Thanks.

Probably the wrong thread; you aren't getting the message "Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped," are you? You also don't indicate if you're rooted or stock, and if running a custom ROM which one.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just an update that both myself and my wife have uninstalled key ring and going on 2 days with no sense reloads, neither of us are rooted. We both like the app so if there is anything we can do let me know

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not really related to this thread, but it sounds like you just deleted them by accident... they are easy to return if you have them in your app list.

First make sure you have a blank space on any home screen, then open apps and find "Phone" and long press it, it should pop a short-cut to the home screen that you can drop. Once it's there just long press again and drag it to the dock at the bottom of the screen. Repeat the process for the app called "People".

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
As far as the logs go where I mentioned "rooted" as an advantage, only for logcat and some apps that delve deep into the logs, otherwise being rooted is irrelevent... Hope people are not getting hung up on that, MX Log Collector does not require root at all.

rossbates

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks to hgoldner#CB and RFclipse for getting the crash logs sent over. I'm pretty sure we've figured out what it going on. A new version (7.0.3) has been uploaded to the market. It may take a couple of hours to get distributed across their CDN if you aren't seeing it yet.

I'll check back in over the weekend. If anybody has any feedback in the mean time please let me know.

Cheers!
Ross

jmumomm

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I installed the updated Key Ring last night. Absolutely no problems today. So impressed with your response to the HTC issue!

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Ross, for fixing this. (Unfortunately, I am afflicted now by a Google Play "known issue" which precludes me from downloading 7.0.3, or even updating 7.0.2 if I sideload it!) When Google gets their act together, I look forward to running it again. :(

UPDATE - Google finally squashed the bug, running 7.0.3 without a hitch. Thanks!

Last edited:

CynnesGwyn

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I've read the entries here with interest because my (old) HTC Incredible has developed the Sense Crash over the last few weeks. I don't run any of the apps listed in others' messages (thanks for all your testing, people) and the crash often happens when my phone is laying on a counter-top not being used. I don't know I have a problem until I pick it up, see that the clock is about 3 hours off and press anything. Then I get the message. Only way back I have found is a battery removal.

I'm way past upgrade and I will never trust HTC again.

Juan Almanza1

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing that since this has been happening to me for a few days now and I'm the first to post this it's only me. It's kind of annoying but isn't really causing me too many problems. It happens with apps open and after apps close. I have to acknowledge a notification, and if I'm not in an app I have to wait for a moment or two for my home screen to come back. I haven't noticed anything else, but it happens 2 or 3 times out of every 5 times I use the device. No particular app, it can happen when playing a game, browsing, or checking texts or email. I can only speculate that it is a resource thing. I have noticed that I have to go in and mount my SD after every reboot. Not sure if the two are related.

I only had to uninstall the last update it had, it worked perfectly after that. I went to apps and HTC sense was there, I clicked it and pressed the uninstall last update button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol