Would you go back to the Rezound?

jenglish724

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It's an amazing phone. Entirely too large, but it is an absolute BEAST.

Anyways, my friend gave me a Rezound and I think I may switch to it as primary and sell my note 2.

Any thoughts?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, would I go back...? It's hard to say because I haven't had any real opportunities to use anything else, but let me ask you some questions if I may.

I have seen the screen on the Note it is large and pretty, but side-by-side how does it look next to the Rezound?

Although the Rezound gets praise everywhere I look for its camera I still have difficulty getting that, not taken on a phone look, in my pictures. Settings or something, anyway... What are pictures on the Note like, more to the point, is it easy to take good pics with the Note, or easier maybe then with the Rezound? People in those reviews make it look so darn easy like they just point and shoot or something. They make me sick. JK

I am a heavy user. I did say heavy, right ? Just checking... I like my phone, use it almost everywhere I go, stop, am, and I know the Note is larger and "differently designed" let's say, but is it a hassle physically to pull it out? Not sure how you carry. I'm a pocket carrier since 2000. Do you worry that the Note is less durable than the Rezound? Like you have to be more careful, know what I mean?

Now I also have to admit that I am a bit of an HTC Fanboy so for me after the Inc there really was no other choice but the Rezound, plus at the time having the best specs, best camera, best... well you get the idea, but I also like Sense. That was one of the big bashing points in all of the "debates" let's call them between the Rezounders and the GNexers, and in some of the reviews Sense took a hit or two. I was really surprised at how many people don't like Sense. Did/do you miss Sense with the Note? Without looking the Note is vanilla, right? Yeah, I think so...

Well that's about all I have. I don't think any of it will help you decide one over the other but I will say that I like the Rezound. On a personal note, pun intended, I am hoping that something exciting from HTC will come along this fall to replace my Rezound, but right now it's not looking good. On the other hand, that Sony XZ looks good, really good, but it's also not coming to Big Red, and that's a crying shame.

Last edited:

jvolstad

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Guess I've been lucky but yes, I would go with the Rezound again. I'm hoping that it lasts another year or so. Waiting for Advanced LTE and VoLTE.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

neutronxray

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I too went to the Note 2 from the Rezound. In my opinion the Rezound was a better phone. The Rezound has a much better radio inside. My wife uses my old Rezound and has service many times when my Note 2 does not. The note 2 is loaded with a bunch of useless features. I have not used the stylus once. I am looking forward to getting the new HTC One MAX. I'm done with Samsung

jenglish724

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
All great posts that are helping my decision. I think I am going to repair the screen on the Rezound I currently have in my possession. then I am going to buy a Nexus 7 for home use. Selling my note 2 should cover the price of both.

BJsDroid

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I loved the rezound which myself and my wife had, she still has hers. I went through 6 rezounds in the past year. the problem I had is, my rezound would not stay connected to my Bluetooth. I also had problems staying connected with my wifi. Verizon sent me a razr which works great with wifi and my Bluetooth. the videos on the resound were better, and I loved that I could change the battery.

jenglish724

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Is the battery supposed to be this awful? I was down to 46% after 4 hours off the charger this morning.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is the battery supposed to be this awful? I was down to 46% after 4 hours off the charger this morning.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I would not go back to the Rezound, but I would not have a Note 2 either because it is too large for me.

What I don't like about the Rezound is the HORRIBLE battery and the phone's overall weight. It's heavy. And the battery ... well, there are no word permitted on this board to describe the Rezound battery.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would not go back to the Rezound, but I would not have a Note 2 either because it is too large for me.

What I don't like about the Rezound is the HORRIBLE battery and the phone's overall weight. It's heavy. And the battery ... well, there are no word permitted on this board to describe the Rezound battery.

It is on par with phones of its class and time. The gs3 is easy better, but the gs3 also uses newer technology, especially going from the 45nm to 28nm chip probably did wonders for battery life. Now, my razr maxx got about double the battery life, but the razr maxx also had double the battery size. The razr maxx hd uses the same chip as the gs3 and gets way better battery life than the razr maxx.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually considering buying an unlocked international Note II once my contact with Verizon is up (or an HTC One Developers Edition). That said, I'll always have a special place in my heart for my Rezound. It's still fast, makes great calls (good signal), is nice and loud for music and allows micro sd card swapping. Now keep in mind, regarding Sense (which I like) and the battery life, I've rooted it and flashed several non-sense roms and also have the extended battery, which makes it quite the thick phone. I'd honestly rather have the thin but wide Note II in my pocket than the bulge of my Rezound with extended battery and case. Bottom line, I would go back to my Rezound if the Note proved to unwieldy.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome