This Rezound will self-destruct in...3...2...BOOM

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed lately that my Rezound is dragging performance-wise. Slowing down, I've tried to remove apps, clear caches, etc...but to no resolve. Today I also noticed that in the default music app, all of my music is labeled as invalid even though I've played that same music dozens of times. Similarly, my notification sounds seems to be messed up and not working. When i go to the 'personalize' menu for sounds, they are all listed as 'invalid', and when trying to select a new one in the menu I can't preview any of them (which I swear I used to be able to do). Really strange that all of this just piled-up all of a sudden...seems like this thing just self-destructed. Anyone have a similar experience?

Guess I should start shopping for my upgrade?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here with 2 phones. We have his and hers PITA right now. Of course the kind Verizon guy told her it was just an old phone and software goes bad after about 2 years. The ONLY thing that will cure her problem is a new phone, that he of course would be glad to sell her. He explained how it would be a great savings if we abandon our grandfathered unlimited plan and let them subsidize the cost of the phone. He kindly pointed out that we rarely use much data and that unlimited data plan was actually costing us money. Yea, all phone software just goes bad in a couple years. I may soon be doing a hard reset on mine too after I back it all up. What is the recommended method to back up? The Verizon guy said to use wifi at home as it would take forever on the 4G system. Me thinks they tell people that to keep the load off their system. I always get around 17 MBPS on 4G which is better than I get on the local "high speed" Besides, if I am wasting money by paying for unlimited data, maybe I need to start using more data to justify the cost. :)

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed lately that my Rezound is dragging performance-wise. Slowing down, I've tried to remove apps, clear caches, etc...but to no resolve. Today I also noticed that in the default music app, all of my music is labeled as invalid even though I've played that same music dozens of times. Similarly, my notification sounds seems to be messed up and not working. When i go to the 'personalize' menu for sounds, they are all listed as 'invalid', and when trying to select a new one in the menu I can't preview any of them (which I swear I used to be able to do). Really strange that all of this just piled-up all of a sudden...seems like this thing just self-destructed. Anyone have a similar experience?

Guess I should start shopping for my upgrade?

fortunately for me, no such experiences. my rezound is just as peppy as the day I got it about a year ago, and I upgrade in 8 days. I'm almost afraid, since HTC is all I know, and I am moving over to samsung, S4 or N2. sounds like it's time for you to move along, too.

- - - Updated - - -

now the Tbolt, THAT's another story.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary