Rooted HTC REZOUND in boot loop

Kaelan Stein

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It's passing the white HTC screen, the ROM I'm trying to use is senseless Chaos (red) 2.0.
But I'd be happy with ANYTHING to run at this point.
I Tried relocking and running the rezound_AndroidPolice_4.03.605.2_PH98IMG ROM but the phone said "Hboot Version is older!
Update Fail!" but I really couldn't find anythng else.
been trying to figure this thing out for 2 days now.
I don't have anything backed up, but I do have clockwork installed.
any recommendations would be fantastic. I just want this phone to work.
got it for $20 and would like to get some use out of it.
currently shows in bootloader as:
***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT- 2.28.0000
RADIO- 2.23.10.0123R/2.23.10.0124R
OpenDSP- V14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot
sep 20 2012, 17:40:22

Just like it did when I got it.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, first thing you need to do is unlock again via HTCdev, because the only reason to re-lock if to RUU... in most HTC phones this is no big deal, you just get the same or newer version and run the program or flash the zip and away you go. Problem with the Rezound is there is no RUU/zip that is the same or newer version that what you have (which is the current OTA update) so there is no way to RUU on this device unless you go S-OFF.

Best thing to do is unlock again, boot recovery and flash a rom, then jump into fastboot and push the boot.img and you should be good to go.

If you want to get back to PURE stock, then you need to S-OFF and go through the RUU and OTA update process from 3.14.605.12, otherwise the closest you can get is flash this ROM and boot image, it is a purely stock ROM with root added. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2260154

riker35601

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I am a NOOB. Help. I have a Rezound. Unlocked the bootloader with HTC Dev page. When booting to the bootloader screen it stays there for a few seconds then goes to the ClockworkMod Recovery program. I tried flashing with Liquid Smooth rom. Upon rebooting it stays stuck at the white HTC screen. Never will get past that.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am a NOOB. Help. I have a Rezound. Unlocked the bootloader with HTC Dev page. When booting to the bootloader screen it stays there for a few seconds then goes to the ClockworkMod Recovery program. I tried flashing with Liquid Smooth rom. Upon rebooting it stays stuck at the white HTC screen. Never will get past that.
So you are unlocked and S-ON? Did you manually flash the boot.img with fastboot?

Seems like I am explaining this a lot lately... no offense, but people really need to do there homework a little more before just diving into some of this stuff... Here is a copy and paste of a post I wrote on another site less than 12 hours ago!

Rezound 101 - When Unlocked/S-ON the /boot partition is NOT writable from recovery when it is booted in the phone, you must manually push it into the phone (or boot recovery.img from your PC, but that is for my Rezound 201 class). If you are in this state (which you are), after you flash a ROM you have to extract the boot.img file from the ROM zip file and place it in your adb\platform-tools directory on computer (you MUST have Android Debugging Bridge installed and the Rezound drivers working properly on your machine). Then you reboot the phone into Hboot (bootloader) by removing the battery and reinserting, then powering up well holding down the VOL DN button, once it boots and checks stuff and finds nothing, you select FASTBOOT and then connect it to your PC and open a command window in the adb\platform-tools directory then type:

fastboot devices (should return the serial number of the phone, if not, drivers or ADB is not installed properly)
fastboot flash boot boot.img (wait for it to complete and come back with a success message)
fastboot reboot

Now the ROM should boot fully. If Gapps are required, fully boot the phone, then Power-Reboot-Recovery and flash the recommended gapp file, and reboot and your good.
Although you obviously have fastboot working (you did unlock right?), remember that Windows 8 is hit and miss, it works for some people and not others... Best to use a Windows 7 PC or boot into a live Linux CD.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Although you obviously have fastboot working (you did unlock right?), remember that Windows 8 is hit and miss, it works for some people and not others... Best to use a Windows 7 PC or boot into a live Linux CD.

Also, just to clarify as I do not know what level of proficiency you are at:

To "open a command window in XXXX directory...": Hold Shift, then Right Click and you should be able to select "Open Command Window here". In the command prompt you should see the directory path of the folder that he mentioned. You need to do this because you are typing in commands that are pointing to a specific file. That file is in that folder, so we want the Command Prompt pointing to that folder first.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams