Verizon HTC One ... another wasted phone

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is another phone with an average non removable battery and no SD card slot.

HTC One review (2013)

Hiya skatergirl...been a while since I've seen anyone in the old Rezound forums....not like it used to be!

My problem with the phone is that it's already 5-6 months old when Verizon will finally let us get it...I can't go for a new phone until this coming January and by then it will be almost a year old...then I'm gonna have to hang on to it for another 2 years? Sorry but nothing doing.

I don't know much about it's battery life because I haven't looked that deep into it seeing as how it's not something I will be able to get anytime soon. I will say this, my next phone WILL have a battery that can make it through the day without having a HUGE Quasimodo lump in the back. I loved the Rezound since I got it out of the box but let's be honest...the battery sucks it...and it hasn't gotten better with age. The only thing that makes this phone worthwhile these days is the JB ROMs that are still coming out courtesy of the dev's on XDA. Gonna be a long wait till January.

I really like the One and would have loved to have had it available sooner but guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Question...now that I'm thinking about it, my "upgrade" date is January of 2014...but if there's no "New every two" program, and I'll lose my unlimited data with a subsidised phone anyway, I don't really have to wait, I can just pay for it outright correct?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything I'm seeing is saying that Verizon will not be getting the One. They are expected to get the One Max and the Mini. After the Rezound there is no way I'd go with a smaller phone even if it slightly out performs the Zound. Meanwhile I've been watching and waiting for release date info on the Max, my NE2 is tomorrow. I'm not super excited about the size but the specs are nice and it's little brother has been getting rave reviews for performance. All I can say is Wanda by the time you're NE2 comes up Verizon will probably have some decent phones hitting the shelves. This year they really haven't offered anything with pizazz or WOW. Meanwhile all of these really impressive devices are going to other carriers, even T-Mobile and Cingular got more impressive equipment than what I've seen from the Verizon camp.

My only issue with the non removable battery is not that it won't last all day but that it will begin to die and you won't be able to replace it when it does. Are they going to consider that a reason for replacing your equipment when it does, or just say that's life thanks for your money? Form other posters though I have to say I have no fear that these devices will last at least one whole day. At least that's what I'm hearing.

Just incase anyone takes issue with my pizazz and wow statement the new Moto droids are flopping for build material and not bringing anything new to the table. So far they are just a rehash of the Droid X. In my opinion that is not very exciting, but I'm not a Moto fan either.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hiya skatergirl...been a while since I've seen anyone in the old Rezound forums....not like it used to be!

My problem with the phone is that it's already 5-6 months old when Verizon will finally let us get it...I can't go for a new phone until this coming January and by then it will be almost a year old...then I'm gonna have to hang on to it for another 2 years? Sorry but nothing doing.

I don't know much about it's battery life because I haven't looked that deep into it seeing as how it's not something I will be able to get anytime soon. I will say this, my next phone WILL have a battery that can make it through the day without having a HUGE Quasimodo lump in the back. I loved the Rezound since I got it out of the box but let's be honest...the battery sucks it...and it hasn't gotten better with age. The only thing that makes this phone worthwhile these days is the JB ROMs that are still coming out courtesy of the dev's on XDA. Gonna be a long wait till January.

I really like the One and would have loved to have had it available sooner but guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Question...now that I'm thinking about it, my "upgrade" date is January of 2014...but if there's no "New every two" program, and I'll lose my unlimited data with a subsidised phone anyway, I don't really have to wait, I can just pay for it outright correct?

Hiya Wanda! Nice to see you too.

I have the same upgrade date as you and I have heard from Verizon that they will upgrade you up to a month early. We'll see. I am almost happy my early upgrade date was stolen from Verizon because the only phone that seems to be close to what I want is the GS4, but everyone has that phone now and yes, it will be months old by then as well.

What I am hoping for is some new Key Lime Pie phones by December or January. I already willingly gave up my unlimited data, so I can still get the subsidized phone. And yes, if you want to keep the unlimited data you have to pay for the phone outright. You can't even get into that new lease program called The Edge if you want to keep your unlimited data.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Everything I'm seeing is saying that Verizon will not be getting the One. They are expected to get the One Max and the Mini. After the Rezound there is no way I'd go with a smaller phone even if it slightly out performs the Zound. Meanwhile I've been watching and waiting for release date info on the Max, my NE2 is tomorrow. I'm not super excited about the size but the specs are nice and it's little brother has been getting rave reviews for performance. All I can say is Wanda by the time you're NE2 comes up Verizon will probably have some decent phones hitting the shelves. This year they really haven't offered anything with pizazz or WOW. Meanwhile all of these really impressive devices are going to other carriers, even T-Mobile and Cingular got more impressive equipment than what I've seen from the Verizon camp.

My only issue with the non removable battery is not that it won't last all day but that it will begin to die and you won't be able to replace it when it does. Are they going to consider that a reason for replacing your equipment when it does, or just say that's life thanks for your money? Form other posters though I have to say I have no fear that these devices will last at least one whole day. At least that's what I'm hearing.

Just incase anyone takes issue with my pizazz and wow statement the new Moto droids are flopping for build material and not bringing anything new to the table. So far they are just a rehash of the Droid X. In my opinion that is not very exciting, but I'm not a Moto fan either.

Here is a link of a full page of articles saying the One is coming to Verizon. I also received an email from HTC saying it was coming

https://www.google.com/#fp=cce175ab97c3397d&q=verizon's+htc+one

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
FYI the ONE is arriving in stores. The phone is amazing for what it is. It still will be a great phone even if its 4months late. It's shipping with latest manufacture os 4.2.2. Still faster and sleeker then the only other phone to compete against it the S4. It's still top dog on phonedogs weekly smack down. And it goes on sale tomorrow 8-22-13 9am.uploadfromtaptalk1377104620984.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Looking forward to tomorrow to play with ONE at the store and then order from my business account. I completely agree it's still a top notch phone even after 4 month and I don't see anything in the near future that will blow it away.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I would say how I was mistaken but in the electronic age nothing is forgoten or goes away, so I won't be doing that. LOL. Meanwhile, up until it was being mentioned here all I kept seeing was rumor after rumor about Verizon getting the One squashed. I couldn't figure out how they were going to have the Mini and the Max without the regular, but I didn't care, those were my choices. I must have seen a dozen articles saying that it wasn't coming. So the question now, for me, is do I want the One or wait for the One Max? All along I've been afraid of the super sized phone and now that I don't have to go that route I'm torn. Proabably because over the last few weeks I've been psycing my self up of the big One, literally. Not sure what to think now.?

Thank you for the links.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to tomorrow to play with ONE at the store and then order from my business account. I completely agree it's still a top notch phone even after 4 month and I don't see anything in the near future that will blow it away.

With an average non-removable battery and no SD card, there is a lot that can blow this phone away.

In my opinion, it doesn't even compete with the GS4 and the new Droid Maxx has the same issue with no SD card but a HUGE battery. This One is another waste of a phone.

That being said, I hope you enjoy your new phone. It is always fun to get a new phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is there are htc one variants in a few countries that do have microSD slot. So it certainly is possible. There is even a version with a removable back and dual sim.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
After using the DNA which I really loved not have a removable battery and sdcard is no biggie for me. DNA 16gb was a little to low even for me but the battery with my usage would last 12-16 hours. I'm sure glad we have many choices so we can all have our needs met IMO that's one great thing about Android phones.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow really moto can't hold a torch to the one or even the S4. Sdcards are a headache, removable batteries make for a cheap build Quality phones. The one is a great phone for next couple years.
With an average non-removable battery and no SD card, there is a lot that can blow this phone away.

In my opinion, it doesn't even compete with the GS4 and the new Droid Maxx has the same issue with no SD card but a HUGE battery. This One is another waste of a phone.

That being said, I hope you enjoy your new phone. It is always fun to get a new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow really moto can't hold a torch to the one or even the S4. Sdcards are a headache, removable batteries make for a cheap build Quality phones. The one is a great phone for next couple years.

Definitely was not sticking up for Moto. Was just pointing out that the Droid Maxx also does not have an SD card but its non-removable battery is gigantic, versus the average battery on the One. Again, not a Moto fan but there is a Razr Maxx in my house and that battery after more than a year and a half still lasts like crazy and there has not been one issue with the phone. Believe me, I would love for HTC to create a phone to meet all my needs, but I have stopped holding my breath.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I went today and played with one until I thought the workers were going to throw me out cause I wouldn't talk to them. Lol. Their demo wasome kind of demo, it wouldn't let me do a while lot it seemed and every so often I had to start over like it was timing out. There were only three screens and they looked like Windows phone? If that's really how it navigates it will take a lot of getting used to. If I had picked it up and it felt la little more like my Rezound I probably would have left with it. I'm going to have to do more research because evidently I don't know what I'm getting into. Plus until just yesterday I didn't even know it existed so my soul focus has been the max. I know nothing of battery size or specs, other than snapdragon 600.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if my note 2 would be considered cheap build quality. I use my phone a lot and it runs great. I drop my phone probably once a week or more and no broken screen. I haven't heard of any major build issues with the note 2 either. I know a bunch of people with one, everyone seems happy. Now, i would agree that Samsung uses cheaper feeling build materials, but in terms of build quality, I have no complaints.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Here is another phone with an average non removable battery and no SD card slot.

HTC One review (2013)

You are going to have to get over the non removable battery and no SD slot unless you plan on only using Samsung devices from here on out. Google stopped supporting SD slots almost 3 years ago and most of the manufacturers have finally figured that out. Each persons needs are different and what works for you may not work for me but I hate to see people write off a device just for those two reasons especially when it's a device as great as the ONE. With 32gb internal storage I have no need for expandable memory. I've been off the charger for 16 hours with 3 hours of on screen time and I'm still at 35 percent battery.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
How do you sit there ans say the phone that has been told time and time again to be the best phone out there... and day its a waste?!?!?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to add about build quality of the HTC One, admittedly, I don't thoroughly read the HTC One forum, but i do go to it occasionally, and I do notice more issues with gaps brought up as compared to the Note 2 or gs3 forums which i frequent.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 2 and was looking at va one but after it bring delayed this long what's the point of getting it on Verizon now as it seems Android phone have an average life span of a year before being replaced with a newer model

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You are going to have to get over the non removable battery and no SD slot unless you plan on only using Samsung devices from here on out. Google stopped supporting SD slots almost 3 years ago and most of the manufacturers have finally figured that out. Each persons needs are different and what works for you may not work for me but I hate to see people write off a device just for those two reasons especially when it's a device as great as the ONE. With 32gb internal storage I have no need for expandable memory. I've been off the charger for 16 hours with 3 hours of on screen time and I'm still at 35 percent battery.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

HTC has chosen to put sd card in a few One variants, though none in the USA. So most certainly they could have incorporated sd card in US variants without too much trouble.

For me, 32gb just isn't enough internal memory. Sure, i could find ways to reduce my memory needs, but why should I?

Also, the optimus g Pro does have removable battery a removable battery and microSD slot, so you aren't entirely stuck with Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000