Verizon HTC One ... another wasted phone

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You are going to have to get over the non removable battery and no SD slot unless you plan on only using Samsung devices from here on out. Google stopped supporting SD slots almost 3 years ago and most of the manufacturers have finally figured that out. Each persons needs are different and what works for you may not work for me but I hate to see people write off a device just for those two reasons especially when it's a device as great as the ONE. With 32gb internal storage I have no need for expandable memory. I've been off the charger for 16 hours with 3 hours of on screen time and I'm still at 35 percent battery.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I have 30 gbs of music on my SD card. So with what you are saying, I should get used to having to eliminate part of my music library because it won't fit on a phone with 32 gbs onboard memory? If I want to keep my full library I would then have to rely on a cloud to store my music ... which is exactly what Verizon $$$ and Google $$$ would like customers to do because somehow it involves them both making more money by way of cloud storage and/or data.

And as for the One battery, why is it Moto can come out with a battery that lets you actually use the phone (not on standby) all day on one charge and HTC continues to use the same size battery? It gets really old when people continue to defend HTC when HTC could do so much better.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I considered holding out for the max but I caved for the One. 32 shouldn't be a problem for me. No giant library, pics are backed up daily by g+ or drive, and I'm always shedding extra fat in the way of seldom used apps. I will admit I'm a little worried about not being able to change the battery but I'm reading good things about it so maybe my fears are unfounded, I hope. As for holding out Verizon hasn't got anything even worth rumor-ing in the pipe so I'm not real concerned about this year's New models. The max would have been too big. I think I made the right choice. If not I have 14 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I considered holding out for the max but I caved for the One. 32 shouldn't be a problem for me. No giant library, pics are backed up daily by g+ or drive, and I'm always shedding extra fat in the way of seldom used apps. I will admit I'm a little worried about not being able to change the battery but I'm reading good things about it so maybe my fears are unfounded, I hope. As for holding out Verizon hasn't got anything even worth rumor-ing in the pipe so I'm not real concerned about this year's New models. The max would have been too big. I think I made the right choice. If not I have 14 days.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Let us know how you like the phone.

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is there are htc one variants in a few countries that do have microSD slot. So it certainly is possible. There is even a version with a removable back and dual sim.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

that's HTC giving the middle finger salute to HTC One owners in the US.... HTC doesn't care if you want or need the MicroSD card slot... they can put one it, but they just don't feel like giving it to the US market.

Any Rezound owner who "upgrades" to the HTC One is an *****. I don't know how to put this more bluntly. Look at how HTC and Verizon has made the Rezound an orphan from almost day one.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I dunno... I looked at the HTC One for a while, it runs circles around my Rezound, and is easily comparable to my Nexus 4 even with all the carrier bloat.

I know a couple people who are looking for new Verizon phones very soon, my recommendations have actually changed after playing with some phones over the weekend... after playing with some phones in the VZW store for a awhile, I recommended the HTC One (this week it's $49 with contract renewal at Best Buy, and they have a cool Blue one!) two both people. I'm sorry, this phone is just nice even with no removable battery or sd card support, I don't see these to be an issue to be honest, I have had the Nexus 4 16GB model for a while new and never had an issue with the space on it, keeping about 4GB of music on it, and synching stuff to the cloud when on WiFi automatically I always maintain around 8Gb free, it takes a little more setup initially, but having every thing in the cloud is pretty dang nice.

And the sound quality... OMG! The sound quality is incredible out of the One, the speakers are LOUD and clear, headphones are LOUD and clear, voices are LOUD and crystal clear even on speakerphone. The One is a good phone, irregardless of how HTC/VZW treat us or their products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon