Gave into the Droid Maxx

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have given up the illusion that I will find a phone that offers both a huge battery and SD card support (besides the Note, which is just too big for me) and I decided to go straight to the biggest battery I could find and got the Droid Maxx earlier this week. The phone itself is almost too big for me, but all the current high end phones are ginormous. I so-wanted to have another HTC phone, but until HTC decides to come to the table with a decent battery, I am not buying.

I was on vacation and my little Rezound was ruining the second consecutive vacation by eating up batteries and battery packs and living on chargers like intravenous drips. We took the Cape May ferry to Lewes and by the time we got on the return ferry, my battery and the power pack was dead and my phone was sucking a charger in the car while I was not getting to take pictures or do anything else. All the while my sister was snapping pictures with her GS4. That was it for me.

I did not want to return to Motorola, but I wanted the battery. I went on the search. It took me a few days because no one had them, not even Verizon online, but I eventually found one in a corporate store and what a difference in this battery. I have been working it like crazy. This is truly an all-day battery. The HTC One, in no way can compare as far as the battery. I am absolutely sure I would LOVE the One, but the battery is just not what it needs to be for that size of a screen. I am absolutely sure that I do NOT love Motorola, but the phone is a good phone and the battery is fabulous. It also has some nice features and the voice recognition is major accurate.

Here are two screen shots of all day use.

Attachments

• 2013-09-06 23.46.35.png
    2013-09-06 23.46.35.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2013-09-06 23.46.46.png
    2013-09-06 23.46.46.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 31

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why not just get an s3 or s4 with an extended battery?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Too many people have Galaxys. Wanted something different.

lol.

I've been out of the loop on phones lately (too busy). Is that one of the 3 recently announced Motos? Or, a previous year's model?

Boardwalk Empire toniiiiiight! :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
lol.

I've been out of the loop on phones lately (too busy). Is that one of the 3 recently announced Motos? Or, a previous year's model?

There are 4 recently announced moto devices, Moto X, droid mini, droid ultra, and droid maxx

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Too many people have Galaxys. Wanted something different.

Ah I see. Was just making a suggestion since you mentioned that you wanted Note battery life, but on a smaller device and with sd card... The s4 with extended battery fits the bill perfectly. But yeah, Galaxy devices are pretty popular.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
lol.

Yes, the Droid Maxx is one of the new phones and just released Aug. 27.

And thanks for the reminder of Boardwalk Empire. I will check to make sure my DVR caught it!

P.S. Nice seeing ya. I still plan on posting in this forum.

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Skatergirl, let us know how you like the phone as you use it. I'm planning on possibly replacing my Rezound with this phone as well. Did you lose unlimited when you made the switch?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

P.S. Nice seeing ya. I still plan on posting in this forum.

Nice to see you and everyone here, as well. Been busy.

I am looking forward to hearing how you like the phone after some use. Before I heard confirmed info on Verizon's Moto X, I was considering a Moto, too.

Looking to see what the Note 3 is like at Verizon.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see you and everyone here, as well. Been busy.

I am looking forward to hearing how you like the phone after some use. Before I heard confirmed info on Verizon's Moto X, I was considering a Moto, too.

Looking to see what the Note 3 is like at Verizon.

I think the Note 3 is probably going to be very nice, but it is even bigger than the Maxx, One and GS4. For a guy, it might not be too big.

I'll keep you posted on my Maxx experience. If fact, I will post my usage from yesterday when I was on wifi all day. The battery is fabulous! As well, I have been off the charger now for almost six hours and my battery is at 82 percent. My screen time however has only been about an hour and 45 minutes.

The only issues I am having at the moment is one, the Amazon MP3 app won't activate. Amazon told me it is a known issue with the Maxx phones. Hopefully Amazon gets that fixed right away. And two, I have always used my Bluetooth for both my phone and on my laptop to listen to music while I work. Well, when I try to listen to music on my laptop it is not clear and does not get clear unless I unpair my Bluetooth from the phone which I don't want to do. Not sure what is going on with this, but I am surly going to have to research this issue.

Attachments

• 2013-09-08 21.11.25.png
    2013-09-08 21.11.25.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2013-09-08 21.11.33.png
    2013-09-08 21.11.33.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member