Phone Reboots While Using Bluetooth

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have recently been having two separate problems related to bluetooth. First any time I am listening to music through bluetooth headphones or a bluetooth receiver in my car my phone will usually last about half an hour to an hour and then freeze and reboot. When the phone comes back on bluetooth is turned off and I need to reboot the phone again in order to turn bluetooth back on. In addition, sometimes my phone fails to pair with my car when I turn it on, and when this happens if I try to toggle my bluetooth off and then back on it won't turn back on until I reboot my phone. If I leave my bluetooth off or have it on but not connected to anything I never have any issues, any idea what could be causing this? My phone is rooted and running Android version 4.0.3 and HTC Sense version 3.6.

Thanks

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have recently been having two separate problems related to bluetooth. First any time I am listening to music through bluetooth headphones or a bluetooth receiver in my car my phone will usually last about half an hour to an hour and then freeze and reboot. When the phone comes back on bluetooth is turned off and I need to reboot the phone again in order to turn bluetooth back on. In addition, sometimes my phone fails to pair with my car when I turn it on, and when this happens if I try to toggle my bluetooth off and then back on it won't turn back on until I reboot my phone. If I leave my bluetooth off or have it on but not connected to anything I never have any issues, any idea what could be causing this? My phone is rooted and running Android version 4.0.3 and HTC Sense version 3.6.

Thanks
What ROM version are you using? Go to Settings->About Phone and look for Software Number, it should be something like 3.14.605.12 or 4.5.604.12 or similar

I don't use the BT anymore, my Rezzy is only a work phone now and I have a Nexus 4 for my personal phone, but I used BT a lot so I might be able to help pin it down... When you are running BT streaming, is the screen usually on, if so you might need to turn it off, when the screen is on and the phone is charging the battery can get very warm at times, add something else, like streaming media, it could potentially overheat and shutdown. Not saying thats the problem, the time frame is right though 30-45 minutes is usually how long my phone would be in that state before GSAM would start screaming really loud it was overheating.

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Rom is 3.14.605.13 710RD. The screen is never on when I'm listening to music and most of the time it isn't charging either. I've also had it reboot within 5 minutes of turning on bluetooth streaming.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Rom is 3.14.605.13 710RD. The screen is never on when I'm listening to music and most of the time it isn't charging either. I've also had it reboot within 5 minutes of turning on bluetooth streaming.
Are you sure it is 3.14.605.13 and not .12?!?! That is an upgrade step only version, it should have only been in production a short time and was a stepping stone for 4.5.605.14 that came out about 30 days later... I don't think anyone knows if this version is stable because I don't know of anyone who ran it for more than a few weeks.

I know you are rooted, but are you on a stock recovery? If so you should be able to just sideload the file... I am not familiar with this procedure on the Rez, but I would stop over at XDA in the Rezound section and contact REV3NT3CH, he is much better at these types of issues than I am and is very open to helping anyone.

Catdaddy1985

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have been having this problem since I upgraded to marshmallow. I am using a galaxy s6. When Bluetooth is on the phone does a soft restart. I am sick of this. Anyone know how to fix this?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this problem since I upgraded to marshmallow. I am using a galaxy s6. When Bluetooth is on the phone does a soft restart. I am sick of this. Anyone know how to fix this?
Your in the wrong area I'm afraid, try the Galaxy S6 area, the Rezound is a very different animal, about the only thing it has in common with the S6 is they both run some version of Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon