Ive noticed that the backlights for the bottom keys shut off after a while while the screen is on and i am still using the phone. Is there a way to keep those backlights on the entire time the screen is on?
    07-03-2011 11:54 PM
    It's controlled by the ambient light sensor. If high ambient light, lights timeout quickly. Low ambient light they stay on as long as the screen is on. Don't know if there is a way to change that.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    07-04-2011 12:20 AM
    I'm sitting here typing in the dark and backlights are off. I have no power saver software installed and screen brightness is set to manual.

I'd really like the backlights on. Can anyone help?
    07-04-2011 10:37 AM
    Oddly enough I was able to recreate your issue in the dark by having my screen brightness set to max and by having a bright white background. Apparently its own ambient light is able to be picked up and enough to knock out the lights on the haptic buttons. I dont know if this applies to you or not
    07-04-2011 10:49 AM
    I'm sitting here typing in the dark and backlights are off. I have no power saver software installed and screen brightness is set to manual.

I'd really like the backlights on. Can anyone help?
    You might try "auto" on the screen brightness. Also, are you sure the light from the screen is not triggering the ambient light sensor? Even if being bounced off a mirror or something?

Personally, I just memorized the location of my 4 capacitive buttons LOL

-Frank
    07-04-2011 11:39 AM
    I put a little strip of electrical tape on my screen protector over the light sensor. It works but it's pathetic that i have to. These phones are supposed to let users control these sorts of sttings.

Memorizing is fine unless your phone is upside down and u Don't realize it.
    07-04-2011 04:12 PM
    Memorizing is fine unless your phone is upside down and u Don't realize it.
    That usually doesn't happen to me. Unless I've had a couple of six-packs.

-Frank
    GeneralMC51 likes this.
    07-04-2011 04:15 PM
    Oddly enough I was able to recreate your issue in the dark by having my screen brightness set to max and by having a bright white background. Apparently its own ambient light is able to be picked up and enough to knock out the lights on the haptic buttons. I dont know if this applies to you or not
    It prolly does. This forum has a white background in tapatalk and I keep my screen on max brightness most of the time.

I put a little piece of electrical tape on my screen protector over the light sensor. That takes care of it but of course now theyre on outdoors when i don't need them. I tried indelible marker first and it looked opaque to me but marker didn't work. I'd rather have them on when not needed than off when i do. I keep reverting to d1 positions when i can't see the symbols. I wish they kept them where they were in the d1.
    07-04-2011 09:54 PM
    where do I find the light sensor on the thurnderbolt screen?
    09-13-2012 09:12 AM
    The light sensor is located in the earpiece grille.
    09-13-2012 09:24 AM
    Not on my phone. In mine it is in the black strip at the top to the left of the word verizon.
    09-13-2012 10:31 AM
    Not on my phone. In mine it is in the black strip at the top to the left of the word verizon.
    On mine, that is the proximity sensor. You can test your various sensors by going to the dialer and putting in *#*#3424#*#*.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 10:41 AM
    When I put my finger over the spot I mentioned the backlight for the bottom buttons turns on even in daylight. I don't see why proximity sensor would do that but maybe it does for some reason.
    09-13-2012 11:12 AM
    I tried that and mine does as well. But, I'm fairly sure that's where the proximity sensor is. When I run the tests with *#*#3424#*#*, the spot in the middle of the V is the only spot that makes the proximity sensor test out. Maybe they are both in there?? I'm at a loss, because all of the previous threads that I have seen about the proximity sensor indicate that it is the one in the middle of the V. If you cover that same spot with the light sensor test, it seems to pass as well. (It may be the shadow of my sausage thumb, though).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD