What are the actual memory specs for the t-bolt?

PhreePhlyer

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
When using either the settings menu or an app like Titanium Backup, I get 890 MB RAM, 2.8 GB Internal and 31.9 GB SD card. I thought the t-bolt had 8 GB internal memory.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it has 4GB internal. That was a pretty big screw up that they've still not admitted to. About 1GB is used for system stuff so we get about 3.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Technically, it IS 8GB, but that disk was configured with a "virtual RAID" (notice the use of quotes there...pardon me for not going back and looking up all of the technical jargon again to supply a more accurate answer) to allow for greater reliability and reduce data corruption.

In the end, you're left with about 2.5 GB of usable internal storage. Given the fact that the TB ships with a 32GB SD card, that should be plenty, but HTC/Verizon shouldn't have advertised 8GB regardless. This has been discussed ad nauseum already, so it's really not worth getting into it, but that's the situation.

Reactions: JVH1982

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
it has more memory than you will need.

if you fill 2 gigs up with apps, your TB will be slow as heck

don't forget, you can move most apps to the sd card

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Technically, it IS 8GB, but that disk was configured with a "virtual RAID" (notice the use of quotes there...pardon me for not going back and looking up all of the technical jargon again to supply a more accurate answer) to allow for greater reliability and reduce data corruption.

In the end, you're left with about 2.5 GB of usable internal storage. Given the fact that the TB ships with a 32GB SD card, that should be plenty, but HTC/Verizon shouldn't have advertised 8GB regardless. This has been discussed ad nauseum already, so it's really not worth getting into it, but that's the situation.

Yep. Been discussed to death. None of the official spec lists listed 8GB (other than a very brief appearance on the Moto site which was removed shortly after launch) that was leaked info.

it has more memory than you will need.

if you fill 2 gigs up with apps, your TB will be slow as heck

don't forget, you can move most apps to the sd card

Exactly, I installed (almost) all of the apps I had on my older devices with room to spare and we also have Apps2SD if by some off chance you fill it up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke