Market trying to update apps from Amazon app store.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yetserday the market started notifying me to update apps. All of these apps were obtained from the Amazon app store and were free when I got them. However the market won't update them because it wants me to pay for them. Anyone else having this issue?

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yetserday the market started notifying me to update apps. All of these apps were obtained from the Amazon app store and were free when I got them. However the market won't update them because it wants me to pay for them. Anyone else having this issue?

I do and I don't think market and amazon sync plus you'll almost never see app updates from amazon. I am not sure why, but both need to get on the same page.

rich_r

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Not happening to me, but I see that you are rooted.

Did you run the Market Link fix in Titanium Backup (or a similar app)? I know that TB will re-establish broken Market links and it sounds like that's what happened. I'm not sure how to go about breaking the links once they are established. I guess you could backup with TB and then uninstall them, re-install them from Amazon and then restore the data using TB (but that might re-establish the market link)

Reactions: Slapnpop826

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't had that. Amazon does update apps. I find more updates by forcing it to sync inside my apps page and moving to updates tab. It is hands on, but updates are rolling out. Two today and three on Sunday. I have more of an issue with Market listing the same update several times after I've installed.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've tried market doctor and refresh of amazon apps. No such luck obtaining updates listed for apps in Google market downloaded with amazon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me also, but I found a way to fix it... just go to your list of apps in titanium backup, long press the app/apps that you downloaded for free from Amazon and click detach from market. This will break the market link so you'll stop getting the update notifications as it will only be linked with your Amazon account.:)

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me also, but I found a way to fix it... just go to your list of apps in titanium backup, long press the app/apps that you downloaded for free from Amazon and click detach from market. This will break the market link so you'll stop getting the update notifications as it will only be linked with your Amazon account.:)
That's all I did when I was rooted and it worked great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy