New Thunderbolt is having problems.

phillydroiduser

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my Thunderbolt last week after having a Blackberry the last four years. I am really enjoying the 4G speeds a whole new world! However after only one week when I switch between applications there is a lag. Can anyone help? Do you have to do battery pulls or something on Droids too?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my Thunderbolt last week after having a Blackberry the last four years. I am really enjoying the 4G speeds a whole new world! However after only one week when I switch between applications there is a lag. Can anyone help? Do you have to do battery pulls or something on Droids too?

How are you switching? Which apps? How many apps do you have loaded? Do you have any task killers or battery savers loaded?

Have you disabled Blockbuster auto updates in background?

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

phillydroiduser

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually no I don't have any app killers. I am pressing the icons and it lights up green pauses for a second and then opens. It does this when accessing email accounts or apps. I have only downloaded maybe 10 apps from the market place. I just tried pulling out the battery subsequently. I will try to disable blockbuster now.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually no I don't have any app killers. I am pressing the icons and it lights up green pauses for a second and then opens. It does this when accessing email accounts or apps. I have only downloaded maybe 10 apps from the market place. I just tried pulling out the battery subsequently. I will try to disable blockbuster now.

To disable the blockbuster app go into the setting in the app and tell it not to update. Are the apps you downloaded anything that is running constantly? do yo have email set to refresh on a short cycle? looking for the obvious reasons why your phone might be busy, mine is pretty responsive - also wallpaper... animated or not? animated slows my phone down, some of the animated wallpapers are very resource draining

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i just disabled the blockbuster from running.
Actually, the TBolt is really a fast phone. So it is perplexing why yours might be acting this way. Unless there is something in the background bogging it down.

Normally, app/task killers are a bad idea on Android.

Occasionally, if battery saver apps are configured wrong they can be bad for performance too.

Anything that runs all the time in the background can slow performance. The Blockbuster app is one of the very worst. But you should normally only configure apps to do background updating if you really need it. Mail is an example of one you'd probably want to keep running (checking) in the background.

How many mail accounts did you configure? Are they with Activesync, IMAP, POP, or Google/Gmail? Frequency of email checking?

-Frank