Noob Question For unlimited Data package

mricchio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, just had a few questions about the HTC thunderbolt and the unlimited data package.

I've had verizon for about 1.5 year now with my Droid 2-Rooted and Tether app.
I recently heard that verizon is getting rid of there unlimited data package, and i was wondering i were to buy the HTC thunderbolt in the next few days, would i still be eligible for unlimited package. And if so would i be able to root the phone and enable tethering like i did with my Droid 2.

Thanks all!
-Mike

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, just had a few questions about the HTC thunderbolt and the unlimited data package.

I've had verizon for about 1.5 year now with my Droid 2-Rooted and Tether app.
I recently heard that verizon is getting rid of there unlimited data package, and i was wondering i were to buy the HTC thunderbolt in the next few days, would i still be eligible for unlimited package. And if so would i be able to root the phone and enable tethering like i did with my Droid 2.

Thanks all!
-Mike

Yes you will. The only bad thing is that you only have till today to buy a phone and get locked in to the old unlimited plan. New plans start tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you're on unlimited data now, you do not need to upgrade today (they'll give you grandfathered upgrade). If you're not on it, you'll need to get it today.

Hawk11nw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That being said the unlimited only applies to 4g phones? is this true or false? Ive seen conflicting posts regarding this. Thank you in advance.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So if i currently have unlimited 3g data right now i will get grandfathered in at anytime? or just till the end or today?
u should be in. But I would still call your local Verizon store and make sure and get it in writing so when go to upgrade there is no issues

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As long as you have the $29.99 unlimited data package for a smartphone, no matter the smartphone, your data will follow you with upgrade.

As long as you do not change your data plan after today, you are fine. Please, please, please remember NOT to change your data plan for any reason if you want unlimited data at any point in the foreseeable future. From what I was told our "business as usual" Inactive Pricing Request process will be very restricted for the $29.99 data plan. You have been warned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge