Flashing an Image on a Low Battery

Nihilife

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
So I flashed gingerbread onto my phone a few days ago and everything has been running smooth. I was just about to flash a new rom when my phone got caught into a boot loop after restarting to recovery, which is what happens when you're phone is bricked due to gingerbread. But I've also heard that flashing an image while your battery is low is a bad idea (for reasons unknown to me), and I've also heard that the causes of the gingerbread "bricking" is due to gingerbread not properly charging your phone.

So, what I'm wondering is if the "bricking" is fixable by getting a new battery. And if not, what are some suggestions on what to do from here, if I'm just screwed.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
flashing on a low battery is usually bad because it could go dead on you while you are flashing the rom. it's also bad for battery life since I believe it resets the battery stats the same time you flash the rom.

so you can't even get into recovery anymore? or is it just trying to flash the PG05IMG.zip every time?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
if you are rooted, you can reset the battery stats in the new bamf roms using the db toolkit, or there are market apps to do it, or you can also do it in recovery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc