What TV app are you using on your TB?

alcoholics02

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My "TV Shows" app was getting worse and worse and now it seems that it is down for good. 7 bucks waisted. Can you guys help me? Looking for a replacement and something without a monthly charge. What is everyone using and how well does it work? Thanks in advance

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I bit the bullet and ended up getting a Slingbox for my cable at home. I travel a lot for work so its nice to stream TV when I am away.

The Android Slingbox player runs around 30 bucks and the setup was something like 200. Might be out of people's price range but it works amazingly well on the TB with 4g. The picture quality is quite good and the app is put together really nicely.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I second the Slingbox suggestion. This is the only way to go. Plus if you have an Android Tablet you can use the same app at no additional charge, Slingbox is well worth the money.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I use tv show stream, hands down the best out there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I've used TV Show and Movie stream, but correct me if I am wrong... they are no longer supporting the app. I read something saying they are done updating or working on the app. Any content you can access will remain and the library should continue to update... but they are done supporting it.

TnTexas

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm pushing for a Slingbox for Christmas. In the meantime though, I'm using PlayOn. It works in conjunction with your computer and makes Hulu, Netflix, and several other channels available for viewing on the Thunderbolt. So far I haven't had any problems with it.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I've used TV Show and Movie stream, but correct me if I am wrong... they are no longer supporting the app. I read something saying they are done updating or working on the app. Any content you can access will remain and the library should continue to update... but they are done supporting it.

The entire library is gone now ...kaputt! RIP TV Shows Stream!!!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pushing for a Slingbox for Christmas. In the meantime though, I'm using PlayOn. It works in conjunction with your computer and makes Hulu, Netflix, and several other channels available for viewing on the Thunderbolt. So far I haven't had any problems with it.

To use PlayOn, do we have to keep the computer running all the time (as a server)?

TnTexas

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
To use PlayOn, do we have to keep the computer running all the time (as a server)?

I'm pretty sure you do. I haven't tested it because my husband and I leave our desktop on continuously anyway, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't work if your computer is turned off.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I keep hoping they'll add new servers to TV Show Stream but I'm about to give up hope. At least I got it for half price but I didn't have it for long. If I ever run into the Dev he owes me a cold one.