wont download firmware

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It will start and all of a sudden I get service unavailable. Anyone getting this? I have tried 3 times and does it everytine

kikapele

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
yes mine does the same, there is another thread that explains a possible work around. pretty much you need to dowload LTEOFF app to force phone into 1x, then it will donwload the OTA and you can put phone back to 4G...

kikapele

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup, same here. Wonder if they pulled it back?

I'm pretty sure they didn't pull back the update a few hours after it was pushed. They send them out in waves by serial numbers. This happened with the last update, it will eventually come. Just sucks that some of use have to wait longer. You can try the workaround and force your phone into 1x and try donwloading then. There is a thread that explains the process.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Every time I check for new updates, the box that says it's searching for updates disappears before it find anything. Tried restarting my phone like four times already, and still have the same problem. :/

kikapele

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
downlaod LTE/OFF and switch to CDMA only. Then try to pull update. If successful, switch back to CDMA+LTE/EvDo before update starts downlaoding so you can download on 3G/4G....

t_reax

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I d/led this firmware update earlier @ 1x, took well over an hour to d/l and install... For reasons not to be mentioned (my bad) I had to re d/l...This time with LTE OnOff and the radio button checked for CDMA only. Once the software update appeared and the counter/timer starting counting down to 0 and the firmware update started d/ling I went back to LTE OnOff and checked the CDMA auto (PRL) and nothing happened immediately, while watching the progress bar after about 5 or 6 secs I noticed that the speed on the progres bar had started moving significantly. D/ling @ 3G, the entire process of d/ling the firmware took about 4 minutes. It took longer to install than d/l... I would have selected CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto, but out of range for 4G by about 20 miles...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
downlaod LTE/OFF and switch to CDMA only. Then try to pull update. If successful, switch back to CDMA+LTE/EvDo before update starts downlaoding so you can download on 3G/4G....

I tried this, and it still didn't do anything for me. The "checking for new software" box still disappears after a few seconds without showing me any results. :/

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried this, and it still didn't do anything for me. The "checking for new software" box still disappears after a few seconds without showing me any results. :/

Same here. Nothing seems to work. 1x, battery pull, multiple reboots...etc. has anyone got around this and pulled the update successfully?

iridescentpants

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I was getting the "Service Unavailable" message when ever i checked for new updates, but this method worked for me. Once my phone was able to find the update, i switched back to 4G. So far, so good!