Device Driver Gone

Dasein

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I was going to root my TB this evening and toward that end I downloaded HTC Sync. But after following all of the directions multiple times, the phone just will not connect to HTC Sync. The phone just says that it cannot find HTC Sync.

So I started exploring and found that my pc is not fully recognizing the phone. It shows that there is an Android phone connected but I cannot access the SD card and it says that the device requires trouble shooting. That's where I'm finding that the device driver for the phone is missing and Windows cannot find one.

Anyone know how I can rectify this?

EDIT:
Well, just for the heck of it, before I resorted to trying a factory reset, I plugged into one of the other of the 3 usb ports on my laptop. Next thing I know the thing is binging and boinging like it hadn't before and lo-and-behold, removable disk h: is now visible.

But still, when I set it to HTC Sync instead of disk drive, the phone still cannot find HTC Sync on the pc.

So I still could use some help on that front.

EDIT #2
Holy crap. I just gave it one more shot at finding HTC Sync and this time it found it.

Weird, weird, weird.

So for now, at least.............Nevermind.

Thanks.

Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: jf2go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital