Thunderbolt update issues

mboroffklw

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would my TB when I click check new for the update say checking for new but then just go away and not say or do anything else? Any suggestions?

still_smoking

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
i get the box for the update, but everytime i click "ok", i get a pop up that just says, "error, download failed". this comes up right away. no attempt seems ro be made, but it fails everytime.

any suggestions?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i get the box for the update, but everytime i click "ok", i get a pop up that just says, "error, download failed". this comes up right away. no attempt seems ro be made, but it fails everytime.

any suggestions?

Restart and/or move to a good strong 3G or 4G area.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Primus_3

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a bug with the 3G/4G link. Attempt to switch to 1X via an LTE switch, and then attempt to download the OTA update again...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue, and I've been trying multiple times since it started pushing out on Friday night. I've tried restarting the phone again and again, I've tried doing a battery pull, I tried the 1X thing, etc., and nothing works. :/

I doubt it has to do with location at all, as I've seen a few other people posting in topics, claiming to be in the same city as I am, that said they've gotten the update. Last time, when the MR1 update came out, I was able to get that right away, as soon as people started posting about it. What's more is, over the last week, I had tried daily to check for new updates (I wasn't paying attention to these forums much at the time, and hoped it'd have came out without me realizing it), and it would eventually change to a "No new updates found" kind of message. Then the new update comes out, and I just get nothing, no error messages, etc., just a disappearing "Checking for new updates" box. *sigh*