Firmware Problem

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I sat there last night on 1x dling the new firmware update for an hour and now when it reboots my phone and tries to install I get the triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle with the android guy below that.

Any ideas?????????

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pulling the battery out, pulling the sim card out for a few minutes then putting it all back together? Other than a factory reset I don't know. What is Verizon telling you? Were you rooted ?

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried pulling the battery out, pulling the sim card out for a few minutes then putting it all back together? Other than a factory reset I don't know. What is Verizon telling you? Were you rooted ?

I pulled the battery but that was only to get into recovery. Did the factory reset then redownloaded the new firmware still get to the same point. I havnt called verizon. I was rooted.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I hear that my problem was that I am rooted so I can unroot then download the update correct.
That would be correct. You should have mentioned being rooting in the OP. Wouldn't saved a lot of time.

Personally, if I were you and I wanted to remain rooted, I'd just follow the existing rooted procedures and upgrade via the developer leaks to the current fix level.

You cannot (should not) ever install any factory OTA onto a rooted device - even if you somehow figure out how.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1